Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open guns dont shoot themselves

corbinfouquet

I learned my lesson at the rrce. It was my first time shooting open and of course I chose to do it at a level 2 match. Gun ran great. Learned that I need to let the dot settle before I squeeze the trigger lol. Learned quick, now it's time to learn this new gun 

2 hours ago, nelson1each said:

I’ve had an open gun a few weeks now but only practice with it...sooner or later I’ll get to a match with it... ?

Umm, not taking your Open Gun to a match is like using a Formula 1 car to get groceries. It just doesn't seem right, does it?

Get out there sir!!

10 hours ago, nelson1each said:

Wow u went straight to a lvl 2 first time open! I’ve had an open gun a few weeks now but only practice with it...sooner or later I’ll get to a match with it but it won’t be a lvl two ?

The crazy thing is that I still didn't do to bad

10 hours ago, flamatrix99 said:

I am even worse, I have an STI Edge and I haven't been to a match in 5 years.

yep if you have them, use them!!!  so much fun!  there aren't too many weekends i don't do one if not two matches, can't wait!

On 7/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, davsco said:

yep if you have them, use them!!!  so much fun!  there aren't too many weekends i don't do one if not two matches, can't wait!

I quit shooting for several years. I just attended a Fighting from Concealment class to refresh myself on that.

I sucked at USPSA. I tried it for a year or so. I could shoot very accurate but i was slow. I even shot at a Level 2 match in 2013. The Gator Classic.

Out of the four of us that used to shoot together only one continued and now he is a B or A class shooter.

Edited by flamatrix99