Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 major

corbinfouquet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting  variation in charges of WAC for 6.8 - 7.4 for Major. Surprised that the deviation in these open pistols varies so much......I’m at 7.3 WAC as I speak.

Depends how many gofer holes is in the top of the barrel and slide

On 8/23/2018 at 5:56 AM, TANFARM said:

Interesting  variation in charges of WAC for 6.8 - 7.4 for Major. Surprised that the deviation in these open pistols varies so much......I’m at 7.3 WAC as I speak.

It is crazy right? I can use 6.8 WAC over a Falcon 125 and make 173 PF out of my Hardy Mongoose Shorties. Yet some people have to run 7.3 to make 170 out of full size guns. 

24 minutes ago, Jumprun13k said:

It is crazy right? I can use 6.8 WAC over a Falcon 125 and make 173 PF out of my Hardy Mongoose Shorties. Yet some people have to run 7.3 to make 170 out of full size guns

Different LOTS of powder can also be waaay different which is why recipes always need to be taken with a grain of salt .

8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Different LOTS of powder can also be waaay different which is why recipes always need to be taken with a grain of salt .

This is true. Though I have never seen a large swing between lots of WAC I have with other powders for sure. 

2 hours ago, Jumprun13k said:

This is true. Though I have never seen a large swing between lots of WAC I have with other powders for sure. 

My last 8lb jug was 3/10ths grain different from current jug.