Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport for USPSA Carry Optics

DIYguy

Because of aging eyes I've switched to Carry Optics Division. I do love being able to shoot red dot but not ready to run against Open shooters. Currently shooting M&P Pro CORE customized as much as legal. I love the feel of the CZ Tactical Sport which is set up for limited. I did some checking and CZ offers a mounting plate to replace the rear sight and mount a variety of RD optics.

My question is... if I remove the magwell, keep the 141mm mags, mount a red dot, is there any reason a TS will not work for Carry Optics? Not sure about the thumb rest, I couldn't find that one listed. Even milling the slide and slide ports are legal, wondering if I'm missing something?

23 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

no, even though it would be mechanically suitable it's still not on the production gun list

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

it is suitable.+++

but if somebody want almost cz  ts gun but for CO .  tanfoglio stock2 austr. version with bull barrel  best  choice?

it is suitable.+++
but if somebody want almost cz  ts gun but for CO .  tanfoglio stock2 austr. version with bull barrel  best  choice?
yes I'd definitely consider a stock 2/3 or cz shadow 2 as I have big hands and prefer a large frame platform. Also, the CZ Bull Shadow is a great option as well but I don't see it on the production list yet

The CZ site states the SP-01 Shadow is being used in USPSA in the production division. Have to do some research into CO mounting plates or custom milling for the Shadow 2. Looks interesting.

8 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

yes I'd definitely consider a stock 2/3 or cz shadow 2 as I have big hands and prefer a large frame platform. Also, the CZ Bull Shadow is a great option as well but I don't see it on the production list yet

as i promised to SCT to post only positive things ? and not to bitch  cz sloppy workmanship on their  few models?

don't  consider shadow2  , wait to shadow3?

as i promised to SCT to post only positive things [emoji1] and not to bitch  cz sloppy workmanship on their  few models[emoji1]
don't  consider shadow2  , wait to shadow3[emoji1]
you know I have to agree. my buddy has 2 tactical sports and has multiple things break including the the barrel literally cracking in half and go flying out the front while shooting!!

1 minute ago, Rnlinebacker said:

you know I have to agree. my buddy has 2 tactical sports and has multiple things break including the the barrel literally cracking in half and go flying out the front while shooting!!

probably u have bad dream? cz guns never cracks and never breaks ? don't worry  all guns from all manufacturers  that have hard use  cracks.

as i promised i post only positive things.?

If it's on the production list, it's CO legal, BUT it still has to weigh a max of 45oz. with an empty mag. The Stock III & Shadow 2 will need milling to make the weight limit. People have done it, but just be aware. I set up a Stock II with a dovetail mount & a Vortex Viper, Henning +4 bases & a plastic CZ guide rod that weighed 44.8oz. The discontinued Limited Pro was a perfect CO gun. 

42 minutes ago, OPENB said:

If it's on the production list, it's CO legal, BUT it still has to weigh a max of 45oz. with an empty mag. The Stock III & Shadow 2 will need milling to make the weight limit. People have done it, but just be aware. I set up a Stock II with a dovetail mount & a Vortex Viper, Henning +4 bases & a plastic CZ guide rod that weighed 44.8oz. The discontinued Limited Pro was a perfect CO gun. 

as i know limited pro still in regular production by tanfoglio. it still in their new catalog that i have.

as i know limited pro still in regular production by tanfoglio. it still in their new catalog that i have.

Yup,

Just not imported to the US. We’re supposed to be getting a new, small frame “Lim Pro” soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

Yup,

Just not imported to the US. We’re supposed to be getting a new, small frame “Lim Pro” soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my country it's imported with bull barrel and different name. very accurate gun.

ת×צ×ת ת××× × ×¢××ר âªbul stormâ¬â

Edited by yigal

2 hours ago, OPENB said:

Good call on the weight. CZ specs out of the box say 46.5oz so overweight before extended mag and optics. The SP-01 Shadow Target II listed at 41.1oz but only 4.6" barrel and cost $340 more. I'm running Vortex Viper also and Tarren Tactical +4. When I get out to the shop I'll weight the mags and see how much the +4 weighs. I like the feel of the Shadow II better than the SP-01 plus .3 longer barrel. Any issues with the plastic guide rod?

Are the listed factory weights with a mag I wonder? I had set up an SP01 Shadow, not a Shadow 2, for CO too. Weight was not an issue with a dovetail mount & Deltapoint Pro. But it felt crowded, I just liked the grip on the Tanfos better. The CZ guide rod ran fine, no issues, & nothing lighter out there. 

54 minutes ago, DIYguy said:

Weighed my mags and the TT +4 adds 1.1oz, a Vortex Viper is 1.4oz which would put the Shadow 2 at minimum 49oz. That's a lot of milling to get to 45oz

don't trow the chips .u can build from them  nice .22" gun?

1 hour ago, DIYguy said:

Weighed my mags and the TT +4 adds 1.1oz, a Vortex Viper is 1.4oz which would put the Shadow 2 at minimum 49oz. That's a lot of milling to get to 45oz

Don't forget the iron sights and grips can change weigh an ounce or two.  Several folks have successfully made weight with Shadow 2's.

• 9 months later...