Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unica Grips - Profile?

SCTaylor

At work, not working this morning, ran across the Unica grips on Patriot Defense's webshop... First I've seen or heard of them.  Does anyone know what sort of profile these grips possess?

It looks similar to Henning, no where near as large as the factory woodies, but also a good bid wider than EGW's thins.

I really don't need to spend more money right now but grips are my Siren's Song.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:50 PM, SCTaylor said:

At work, not working this morning, ran across the Unica grips on Patriot Defense's webshop... First I've seen or heard of them.  Does anyone know what sort of profile these grips possess?

It looks similar to Henning, no where near as large as the factory woodies, but also a good bid wider than EGW's thins.

I really don't need to spend more money right now but grips are my Siren's Song.

I replaced the grips on my limited custom towards the unica grips (green ones). Size wise they are the same but much more grip!!

IMG_5191.JPG

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

I replaced the grips on my limited custom towards the unica grips (green ones). Size wise they are the same but much more grip!!

IMG_5191.JPG

blue one on the right (9mm)  had the EGD grips and I can tell you that Unica grips are far more aggressive.

IMG_5191.thumb.JPG.9f1ea3836cb7cedd2cde3111d5947221.JPG

Same size as Factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, SCTaylor said:

Crap, there goes another $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get a set?...I have them, currently uninstalled and back to LOK's. Let me know if you have any specific questions on them ill answer if i can.

Geez man, you've got every set of grips known for Tanfo's eh?  I'm curious as to the profile when compared with Henning, Factory Wood, and LOK grips.

Something between factory wood & Henning seems ideal.

5 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Geez man, you've got every set of grips known for Tanfo's eh?  I'm curious as to the profile when compared with Henning, Factory Wood, and LOK grips.

Something between factory wood & Henning seems ideal.

Haha - at some point or another - yes.

So in my opinion, these grips should be exactly what you are looking for (between stock wood and Henning) They have that thicker/fuller contour feeling of the wood grips along with that aluminum grip bite or feel like you get with the Hennings.

They offer the additional real estate for your support hand that the LOK and Henning grips lack (for me) and fill your hands up very well.

My only complaint (which is the same as with the Hennings) is that they just dont have that crazy grip texture (which i very much prefer) that the LOK grips have. With the LOK grips i feel like i can fumble a draw slighly and still get plenty of grip on the gun, whereas with the Unica i felt everything had to be perfect in order to be "locked in" to the grips.

I will say, when you do get a good draw/purchase on the gun - the Unica grips are pretty damn amazing.

PS - the Unica grips "feel" heavy...Compared to the LOK grips, running the gun felt like i was holding a 5lb dumbell haha! na - not that bad but I most certainly noticed it right away.

• 2 weeks later...