Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Railway Dot Size

I currently have a Vortex Sparc AR sight on my PSA 9mm PCC.  Sometimes I feel like it “gets in the way” on transitions in steel challenge.  I like the sight and it’s served me well but as I’m getting more into this steel shooting I can see where fractions of a second can really help.  My question is I’m looking at a C-More Railway sight for my AR9.  It’s a flat top.  Which C-More would you guys recommend given the info I’ve provided?  Ive read the other topics but my head started to swim.  

This is going to be all over the board! 

Mine is 6MOA.  It's bigger than I like (I prefer a 2MOA), but the thought is that 25 yds. and under the bigger dot isn't getting in the way of any accuracy, and the size of it allows more brightness to fight sunny days.

I have 3 c-more railways on our Pcc's.  as others have stated, opinions vary

I have an aluminum 6moa on my USPSA pcc.  For me, this is just right for USPSA

I have a polymer 12moa on my Steel Challenge pcc.  I just upsized from an 8moa. the 12 is great for steel, very easy to see the dot fast

My daughter has a polymer 6moa on her Pcc.  She likes the dot size.

I see no advantage in the aluminum over the polymer.  save the extra $ and buy ammo.

Edited by stick

Whoa!!  Can of worms I opened, hahahaha.  I think I may compromise and get an Aluminum tactical railway with a 6MOA dot and no click switch.  So I get an aluminum sight but no click switch so I'm spending money on one feature and saving on another.  I found this version for $309 shipped on Amazon Prime.  I'm one of those evil Amazon supporters.  Now, everyone talk me out of it so I can save $.   :)

8 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

In my experience, the aluminum body cmore tend to hold their zero better than the plastic body. 

Hello: Until they break at the pivot. I would get a plastic reostat C-More with a 12MOA dot for shooting steel. I have a 16 on my 22 pistol for steel. You can turn the dot down and look through it for tight shots.  For USPSA matches get a 4 MOA dot module. I would use a American Defense base for the C-More. That way you can take it off when you clean it. It repeats very well when you put it back on. Thanks, Eric