Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Shooters in Alabama

Adamj

First time poster:

After weeks of researching threads here and reading every post by Carmoney and Toolguy I could, I did some work on my TRR8 and shot my first steel match with a revolver. Now I'm completely hooked. 

I'm in the process of getting set up to shoot USPSA and was hoping someone here knew of a club in Alabama with an active revolver community. I have no problem shooting just for the fun of it,  but it would be nice to have locals to compare to.

Adam

Mobile practical shooters is the only club I’ve been to that had anybody running wheel guns much and seemed they had 4-5 regularly. The northern part of the state revo is pretty slim. Ben beavers is the only revo guy I see shoot it much, but he’s pretty good with. I think he’s A class

I've never shot a USPSA match and browsing practiscore, in my area at least,  turns up few to no revolver shooters. Can I expect to be the only revo shooter at local matches? Is that common elsewhere?

Edited by Adamj

16 hours ago, mwray said:

Mobile practical shooters is the only club I’ve been to that had anybody running wheel guns much and seemed they had 4-5 regularly. The northern part of the state revo is pretty slim. Ben beavers is the only revo guy I see shoot it much, but he’s pretty good with. I think he’s A class

I think Ben is out of shooting at the moment - do not know if he will return but he was very good.  I think Icore is the way to go and not USPSA or other action shooting games.

2 hours ago, Adamj said:

I've never shot a USPSA match and browsing practiscore, in my area at least,  turns up few to no revolver shooters. Can I expect to be the only revo shooter at local matches? Is that common elsewhere?

Some clubs have no revolver shooters and others will have a decent amount.  My old club was usually good for 3-4 revolver shooters at the monthly USPSA match.  After moving to a new state, I've been the only revolver shooter at my club's monthly USPSA match.  We had a good number of revolvers at the State Steel Challenge, and should have a decent amount for the State USPSA match this weekend.