Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting a pre-b disconnector

John92awd

I was fitting a pre-b disconnector in my S2, spent a lot of time as the finish was very rough. There was a burr on the face of one wing where it contacts the trigger bar amd one on the bottom of one wing. I filed the burrs off but not sure if that has anything to do with my issues.

First the hammer would not drop in DA, so I just filed a very slight angle on the leading edge of the bottom of the wings. This would now allow the hammer to drop. I then noticed the hammer would catch the half cock when I pull the trigger quickly in DA. I still don't have the cz timing figured out 100%, can anyone help? 

Ps. I temporarily removed it so I could shoot a match but I will try again  soon.

Thanks

Funny enough, I went through this same sceniero last night. I had to knock off a little off the top of the disco as George16 pointed out and knock down under the wings until it properly clears the trigger bar. Lots of filing and reassembly until it worked.

Edited by Trinimon

I was able to fit one in my 75 Shadow.  Real nice!  Thinking about swapping the whole hammer group into the Shadow 2.  Both guns have the CGW race hammers and adjustable sears.  Only diff is the discos.

The 75 Shadow has the CZC Short DA Trigger Kit installed.  So the other diff will be the CZC trigger. 

Edited by WxGuy

How are they measuring this?  Calipers set to inches?  I measured mine at the widest point (top) and had .17 inches.  So I guess I have a .2 also.  It would appear this is stock.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi- I am having the same trouble whilst trying to instal a pre-b disco in a s2. Hammer won’t drop in da, and it rides the trigger down in SA. I was wondering whether someone had to photos of where to file the disco to make it fit ? I don’t want screw it up :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi sorry for my dellay but I've just exprimented some kind of these issues too. I've ve just bought from Cz EShop the sport disconnector with 82 euro for my Shadow 2. There are others on www, at half the of priece, but I try to avoid problems. 

This one is working fine in DA, but in SA is working only if I ve cocked with my thumb the hammer.... as in IPSC matches. If I rack the slide, the hammer didn't go down enough to hear the click. After 7-8 trigger's press,  the hammer is released finally. I think the geometry of the disconnector are wrong interfering with the other spare parts and need some adjusment or a special hammer too. I prefer avoiding buying a dedicated hammer.  I release the screw of the trigger for not pressing into the frame too. These problems are in dry fire cecking mode.

All the spare parts on my pistol are new from the factory, but I've done myself some work - coils cutting for springs: recoil, firing and hammer  and shoot 200 rds without stopages. 

So I remove the sport disconnector and instal de factory one and go to the range again and shoot 200 rds without a problem. Please tell me if I should miled/polished the sport disconector or send it back to the factory. If you solved allready this isues, plese mark on my pictures where to polish the disconector.

311dc361-fc93-4285-9c50-227813d98dd1.jpg

8ed3e9c8-b12d-4992-a7f8-a435e0e3bdae.jpg

096f758d-e5fd-47fa-8587-94af3e36e8f3.jpg

Edited by Uomu
adding info

Yes. I,ve done the same when I cut the factory coils, lot of testing...having the backup ones. Now I have the backup the factory disconector too. Is it work the price and the amount of work?

I ve seen that my disconnector have the edges allready miiled from the factory, with chamfers on both sides. Should I polished these two or the edge in the middle of them?

• 2 months later...