Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any help with SP-01 Thumb Safety

foderaman

Anyone have any idea how I can block my safety on a CZC Custom Black and a CZC SP-01 Accu Match . I have put the Perman heavy springs in both of them and  still sometimes touch them enough with my grip hand that it blocks the sear just enough where the trigger is dead. I can ride the thumb safety but it being the safety that has the fairly open back end I have to hold with a different hand position. I  have gotten so use to not riding safeties on my other guns but Have to ride it on my CZC CTS 40 since it has the wide left safety. Any one have this problem and if so what did they do to solve it  besides the Perman springs ? I do not use the safety at all since they are used for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production so Im starting with hammer lowered.

10054.jpg

Edited by foderaman

Thin safeties would be what I’d do. The adjustable sear  from cgw would probably work for local matches but shoot a level 2 and up and it won’t pass because the safety won’t work. 

7 hours ago, magpulled said:

Thin safeties would be what I’d do. The adjustable sear  from cgw would probably work for local matches but shoot a level 2 and up and it won’t pass because the safety won’t work. 

Does the safety have to work if you are in a division were the safety is never used in any part of your course of fire since starting position is hammer lowered and holstered ?We are talking IDPA SSP and USPSA Production where both are Hammer Lowered start and would never use the safety even afterwards?

With the adjustable sear from cgw you can install the set screw a little long. That will create a a hump when you have to engage the safety and should eliminate engaging the safety when you don’t want to. I’d go with the thin safeties but their 90$. The adjustable sear is probably 40ish$. Like rowdy said safeties have to function per the rules. I’ve never had my guns checked at locals but level 2s will definitely check 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, rowdyb said:

Safeties have to function, read the rules. Instead run the rami safety set on the gun for thin safety and stay legal.

https://czcustom.com/shadow-thin-safety-set.html

You can also do the fitting such that they take concerted effort to engage.

Second this advice.  I did exactly this to get my SP-01 ready for Production/SSP.  Fitted the thin safety so that is stiff to engage.  Works, but never use it, and never engages despite my thumb riding alongside it. 

if you're right handed you could try riding the top of the safety with your strong hand thumb.  

This is right on for me. I just want a thin one for the right side now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk