Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Nationals-jerry Miculek

minnesota1

I was under the impression that Jerry used a gold dot on his front sight of his 625? :blink:

I was looking at carmoney's post and it appears like a green fiber optic sight?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=1430

Am I right? Also, it doesn't look like a standard 5" 625 barrel. Does anyone know what he has on his revolver? :o

Thanks,

Bob

It's not Randy's work. Remember Jerry's wife happens to be the daughter of Jim Clark, of Clark Custom Guns. The trigger also has a little more material on it than Randy's triggers. If you look you can see the kind of "hump" on it.

Jerry commented that sometimes at a big match he likes to shoot a gun with a different kind of front sight than the one he uses for practice, "makes me look at it a little harder."

It was definitely green fiber optic at the Nationals.

What I want to know is why he didn't shoot his PC 625 gun that came out last year,

the one with the funky barrel contour and stubby cylinder :blink:

(or was that 2 years ago ?)

(And I may be the only one but I still want to know :huh:)

And the big question.......will he be shooting the 327 that bares his famous initials ?

Jerry and I talked about that at the Nats. After the World Shoot, we plan to come at them from both sides, with detailed specs on a stainless 25-2, 6-1/2" with all the things that matter to us.

Patrick,

Great idea!

The thing that would matter most to me is that this gun NOT be a ridiculously overpriced "Performance Center" product, complete with high-end gun rug, 25-pound "action job," and autographed Jerry grips.

I might be willing to pay the same amount that a new standard 625 sells for, but I would not pay $1,000 when a nice 25-2 can still be obtained in the $400-500 range.

Mike

I talked with Jerry about this as well. He said Smith used to make a barrel in that profile for the 629, so all they would have to do is rebore it for .45. I know I'd like one, with that longer sight radius and nice balance. Incidentally, Tom Mainus and I cornered John Amidon and asked him about replacement barrels for revolvers and he said you can use aftermarket barrels of any length as long as the manufacturer offered them, up to 8 1/2". He also said you can use heavy profile bull or slab side barrels...

I think revo is here to stay.

and im actually all for the heavy slab sided barrel IF you want one..

i dont think a heavy barrel is going to help out as much as if someone were to create a 10 round 45 auto revo....both are illegal as the rule book stands.

keep it six shots, iron sights and no comps...i think that would be what would keep revo division going.

i doubt that anyone is going to Can it anytime soon.

I might be willing to pay the same amount that a new standard 625 sells for, but I would not pay $1,000 when a nice 25-2 can still be obtained in the $400-500 range.

Mike

I just got mine for $500 with a new 6.5" barrel. [it had a 4" and I got that too :) ]

If S&W does it, I doubt it will be a production run. It would be nice, but I doubt it would happen.

Regards,

Gary

Mike;

What load did you use for pins in your 27? I use my comped 627 for pins and I was curious. Right now I'm using Montana's 158 gr. CMJ over 15.0 gr. of W296. The rounds are only going 1100 fps but they hit the pins like a giant kicked 'em. Were you using the old Lincoln Logs in a .38 case?

Yep, the 230-grainers that look almost like full wadcutters, 7.8 gr. Blue Dot, in .38 Spl. brass. I used to buy them from the Butte Bullets from Nebraska, when they went out of business I bought a mold from Barney Niner so I could cast my own.

Best load I ever found for moving bowling pins in any caliber, bar none.

Jerry used the same load for a year or two, but he eventually went back to the 200s.

[Thread drift alert warning bell]

Barney Niner, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. My .357 load was one or another 180 grain, either hard cast truncated cone or jacketed hollowpoint, punted out at 1075-1100 fps.

On the new 25-2, Jerry had some interesitng ideas, and I have some of my own. As I said, we plan to gang up on S&W once we come back covered in loot and glory. OK, glory.

Here's that Nowlin 25-2 I was talking about. The interchangeable underlugs attach to the Shilen barrel via hex screws, but I always used the lighter one. Great gun, I managed to win one of the shoot-offs with it my first year at Second Chance.

post-4033-1123190526_thumb.jpg

That is a millet rear sight on the 25.....

Oh yeah he's been doing this for 1.5....I mean 15 years !!!!! :D

Nice wheelie..... too bad it has never been used in the long 1.5 years he's been shooting !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MR. CLEAN ;)

Dan,

That's the barrel cross-pin that was used on the older S&W revos, later eliminated for cost-savings in favor of simple crush-fitting. You've heard of "pinned and recessed" guns that the collectors like? That's it. (25-2s never had recessed chambers, of course, since they are made for the rimless .45 ACP cartridge.)

Mike