Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Tactical Sports Open Gun

kneelingatlas

I want to do a reverse plug for my CZ SP-01 Shadow Open gun. Do you think there is enough meat left - to stop the slide, after it is machined for the plug to hold standard diameter recoil spring?
The barrel is machined near lower lug to clear the front of the slide? Any concerns or observations about that?

1.Did you stroke the slide?

2.The cut of the under side of slide is for weight reduction or for opening the pass of the barrel?

3.Is it possible to have dimensions of compensator?

4.Does it work without popple holes?

Thank you.

Manolis

I have installed the Czechmate reverse plug on an SP01 slide without issues although you do need to trim the sides as the recoil spring tunnel is narrower than that of the Czechmate, and I did have to fit it a little so the barrel could make the full stroke.

6 hours ago, manolis said:

1.Did you stroke the slide?

2.The cut of the under side of slide is for weight reduction or for opening the pass of the barrel?

3.Is it possible to have dimensions of compensator?

4.Does it work without popple holes?

Thank you.

Manolis

1. Yes, the factory stroke of the TS is 2" (same as the Czechmate), I increased the stroke to 2.44", then installed a buffer which gave back 0.14".  The stock stroke of a 2011 is 2.1".

2. The I cut the recoil spring tunnel to shed weight from the front end, the idea was for a long gun to transition like a shorty.

3. The comp is based off Jared Drinkwater's CFD comp, the ports starting at the muzzle are: 0.330", 0.490", 0.730"

4. Yes, I still plan to do some slow motion analysis, but I think whatever it gained in flatness was lost in increased blastiness.

4 hours ago, himurax13 said:

What was the final weight on this so far?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

IMG_20180325_095251-3212x2254.thumb.jpg.57a1ac3b67fdede59b7e317df6c26cbd.jpg

44.6oz, compared to the Czechmate at 49.3oz with the same grips/optic.

I have a set of plastic grips I've been meaning to stipple, they're much lighter than the rubber ones which have steel cores.

3 hours ago, old558 said:

Awesome, is that sight mount available for a TSO? 

No, the TSO slide is taller than the Czechmate slide, Matt Cheely is thinking about making one for the TSO, so if you want one send him an email and let him know.

5 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

No, the TSO slide is taller than the Czechmate slide, Matt Cheely is thinking about making one for the TSO, so if you want one send him an email and let him know.

Would a cheely 2011 90 mount work for that?

Mocking up a non set back 90 cheely (#118) for a 2011 on  my regular tacsport 

It looks like enough clearance to the slide, maybe too much?

Or are the tso,s taller than a standard?

5 hours ago, jbinpa59 said:

Would a cheely 2011 90 mount work for that?

Mocking up a non set back 90 cheely (#118) for a 2011 on  my regular tacsport 

It looks like enough clearance to the slide, maybe too much?

Or are the tso,s taller than a standard?

Don't use a 2011 mount, the geometry is all wrong.  I think Matt is really close on the TSO mount, he just needs a little motivation.

9 hours ago, jbinpa59 said:

Kneelingatlas

Your open tacsport use a lightened regular ts 9mm slide modified for reverse plug and cone comp?

Standard length ts barrel threaded for the cone comp or needed to be shortened?

Beautiful setup BTW!.

I welded up the front sight dovetail on a full length TS slide, removed the bushing and modified it to get the barrel out the front, the barrel is a 6" 75 barrel, trimmed to 5.5".

2 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I welded up the front sight dovetail on a full length TS slide, removed the bushing and modified it to get the barrel out the front, the barrel is a 6" 75 barrel, trimmed to 5.5".

Saw the lug clearance cut in slide

Any ball park idea on what the comp and slide machining ran?

I've got a spare 9mm ts slide and I'm getting ideas my wife won't like?

This too me is your nicest build!

And the others weren't bad!

This is just ,...........BETTER!?

18 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Thank you for the info.

6 hours ago, jbinpa59 said:

Saw the lug clearance cut in slide

Any ball park idea on what the comp and slide machining ran?

I've got a spare 9mm ts slide and I'm getting ideas my wife won't like?

This too me is your nicest build!

And the others weren't bad!

This is just ,...........BETTER!?

I didn't pay directly for the work, so I don't know what it would cost, maybe $300 for the slide and another $300 for a custom comp.  If you can find someone to do it.  This was a unique, one-off project, I'm working on some easier CZ Open solutions.

wow. integral black looks  mean. very special.

i  like  the  slide  lightening work.  you ripped  quite  some  weight off   that slide ; must  be  quite faster  now.

from the pic  it  looks  like  you removed  the material  on   the  front  and  rear   to  keep  the  weight   distribution  equally  spread ?.

after  10  years on this  forum  witnessing  your  addiction to  TS's, i  now  get it since i've  catched  the illness  too  hahaha....i'm at  my  third  TS  build  . it's  a  gun  meant  to be  customized.