Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom Shop dove tail Optics mount anyone try this yet?

kmanick

ICZ custom shop has an Optics mount that replaces the rear sight that works on a shadow 2. someone on the CZ usa forum had a extra and sold it to me (incoming)

It works with the Jpoint shield mini sight (which I have and really like) so I figured I'd give it a try. no modifications

needed to install just replace the rear sight with the mount, curious if anyone has tried this yet?

for such short $$ and no Mods I figured Id give it a go, as I really like using red dots but don't want to modify my shadow 2

dont mean to hijack but the people that use the the dovetail mounts ? any feedback on function and weight ? Im thinking about going this route 

my g17 has a dueck defense mount with rmr which is what im using for CO but if I get my hands on another sp01 i might want to convert it to a CO gun 

I have used 2 different types of guns with dovetail mounts, never had issues with them. I used a Vortex razor on both, never checked the weight though. SP01 is a good choice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Don’t the red dots sit high with the dovetail mounts? I had a 75sa years ago with docter sight and a dovetail mount. I had problems with losing dot because of the sight sitting high. I have a Canik Tp9sfx with a vortex viper and it sits lower because of the slide cut out. It seems more natural locating the dot. I just ask because I have a couple of shadows I don’t want to have milled but would love to have a red dot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Henning mount for a DPP. That sucker sits high! I think it's more about the DPP than the mount. If you choose the DPP, I'd recommend the slide being cut to get the dot down lower. Other sights like the FFIII, or Vortex Venom/Viper, the dot is much lower to the top of the slide. I have a Henning mount on a Stock II, and a Primary Machine mount on a Limited Pro, using a 1st gen Delta point a Vortex Viper, and finding the dot is not an issue with some dry fire. But the Delta point Pro is a tall sucker...