Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate Grips

Bummy425

Just picked up a used Czechmate and am not a fan of the factory grips. With the magwell, are there any specific mags available for this gun like the VZ Diamondbacks I have on my Shadow 2 or do I just buy a set for a CZ 75 and trim them myself?

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

They are the same profile as standard CZ75. You can trim them yourself, or LOK will make them shorter for you. I found when I had LOK do a pair, I needed a couple swipes with a file before I could get the magwell on. VZ could also offer this service...just not sure.

Edited by huskerlrrp

I've always cut them myself.  What are you looking for? I prefer the factory rubber grips.
I have VZ golf balls on my WC Brig Tac and VZ Diamondbacks on my Shadow 2.....either is better than the factory metal with the little bit of grip tape on them IMHO, at least for me. The G10 is easy to cut anyway. I see there are SCALES specifically for the Checkmate, but I haven't tried those yet. Opinion Atlas?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have the scale 2’s for my Shadow and love them! I tried them on my CM and it did not work out so good as the grip is slightly wider and that is no good for my medium sized hands. I have not tried the ones specific to the CM, they may be thinner, but they don’t look it. I cut my own grips as well. 

I have the Scale 2.0 grips on my TS that has the CM magwell and love them, I had LOK thin bogies prior but I like the slightly wider feel of the scales, also the tighter I grip the gun the more they grip. When I ordered mine from LOK I just let him know I had the CM magwell and he sent them in the correct length, had to file the bottom slightly to get them to fit.

2 hours ago, mveto said:

I have the Scale 2.0 grips on my TS that has the CM magwell and love them, I had LOK thin bogies prior but I like the slightly wider feel of the scales, also the tighter I grip the gun the more they grip. When I ordered mine from LOK I just let him know I had the CM magwell and he sent them in the correct length, had to file the bottom slightly to get them to fit.

Do you mind posting a picture of the TS with the scale 2.0 grips 

1 hour ago, Superpipe9 said:

Thank you sir. Those don’t look as bad as I thought. I wonder if you can get the black chrome cerikoted. 

I cerakoted a set of black chrome Scale 2.0 grips for a Tanfoglio in my garage with an airbrush and they held up perfectly. Any good cerakote applicator is going to sandblast them first to give the finish some tooth, which is what I did.

38 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I cerakoted a set of black chrome Scale 2.0 grips for a Tanfoglio in my garage with an airbrush and they held up perfectly. Any good cerakote applicator is going to sandblast them first to give the finish some tooth, which is what I did.

Good to know. Did you end up liking the henning grips better or the scales?