Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Czechmate Comp

kneelingatlas

In & on!

Beautiful made, same colour and finish as original.

Shoots flatter and softer, although not much.

9.5gr D037.1, 124gr FMJ, spM primer. PF ~172.

Big surprise was the effect of the weight reduction. The gun is much more “pointable”, less nose heavy and feels lighter.

I’m happy with it!

Just reloaded 5k with above recipe, but I’m curious what the effect of more powder would be. Could benefit from half a grain more.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GhostDog said:

In & on!

Beautiful made, same colour and finish as original.

Shoots flatter and softer, although not much.

9.5gr D037.1, 124gr FMJ, spM primer. PF ~172.

Big surprise was the effect of the weight reduction. The gun is much more “pointable”, less nose heavy and feels lighter.

I’m happy with it!

Just reloaded 5k with above recipe, but I’m curious what the effect of more powder would be. Could benefit from half a grain more.

I'm glad to hear you're pleased, have you tried 115s?

1 hour ago, GhostDog said:

I shoot IPSC, minimum is 120 grain.

Want to try 100gr for steel, do you have a recipe with D037.1?

Ah IPSC, I was wondering about that.  For 100gr loads I generally don't change the powder drop, just whatever I'm loading under 115s, I've pushed 100gr bullets over 1,650 with SP2, the difference is dramatic!

Tried it, 100gr RN, 9.0gr D37.1, oal 26,40mm/1.040”.

A little less powder and a bit more space.

Big fun!

Shoots like a loud .22lr, dot returns so fast you perceive it as steady.

Also very mild recoil. 

Cost is about the same, otherwise would consider competing in minor...

23 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Just wondering, but what ever happened to the first new comp, the 1.5 oz one, mentioned in the first post?

Through a miscommunication with the machinist, the first batch came our with a one degree angle between the comp and slide, which he fixed on my second batch with the fourth port:

5aa39dabd6e6d_opensport.thumb.jpg.6a360523e084c6f98e6697e5654893bc.jpg5aa39db12ad7f_ericcomptreads.thumb.jpg.2563c2032f787282f12b585ebc5d00fe.jpg

if you want one, I have a whole box I'd sell at a deep discount.

8 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
On 4/17/2018 at 9:03 AM, kneelingatlas said:
I've shot a few matches with this new comp and really like it, the fourth port adds a lot in flatness and softness

IMG_20180405_002302812-4008x2255.thumb.jpg.67f3d861281ba46279d8abb06bcf81ac.jpg

I like it a lot Just curious, how much longer is the comp than the original CZ?

Right about an inch

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Sneexies said:

Does it feel noticeably different vs the stock comp? Not in terms of weight, but comp action?

Interested as well.  I'm not bothered by the weight, but if there are gains to be made by the action, then I'm likely in.

I am very happy with the results of the new comp. it is lighter and I do notice a slight reduction in muzzle rise. I love the fact that my gun is no longer nose heavy and weighs in at 45.3 oz..  Definitely a keeper and an improvement, although my gun has been called ‘pinnochio’ though 😡

Edited by abb1

17 minutes ago, abb1 said:

I am very happy with the results of the new comp. it is lighter and I do notice a slight difference muzzle rise. I love the fact that my gun is no longer nose heavy and weighs in at 45.3 oz..  Definitely a keeper and an improvement, although my gun has been called ‘pinnochio’ though 😡

Haha but it's a real boy!

So you said you have slightly more muzzle rise, but does it track back on target sooner? 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, Sneexies said:

Haha but it's a real boy!

So you said you have slightly more muzzle rise, but does it track back on target sooner? 

Sorry, I did not word that correctly. I changed it to say 'I do notice a slight reduction in muzzle rise'. There is more flatness to this comp, but it would be more notable with higher pressure loads. My scores have improved with this comp, so I would say that the tracking has improved.

Edited by abb1

On 12/10/2018 at 6:07 AM, clw42 said:

Interested as well.  I'm not bothered by the weight, but if there are gains to be made by the action, then I'm likely in.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:19 PM, Sneexies said:

Does it feel noticeably different vs the stock comp? Not in terms of weight, but comp action?

There is a nominal improvement in muzzle rise, but the big difference is in weight, the aluminum comp weighs two ounces less than the steel comp.

27 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

There is a nominal improvement in muzzle rise, but the big difference is in weight, the aluminum comp weighs two ounces less than the steel comp.

Thanks KA.  I'll probably bother you for one after the holidays.