Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new Shadow 2 Optic Ready from factory

race1911

I'm #1 on the waiting list with the main CZ distributor here in Canada for the O.R. Shadow 2 but because of the differences in Carry Optics and Production Optics rules I'm actually thinking of dumping my CZ's and going with the Walther Q5's.  Because of the rules I would need to have a Shadow 2 for both sides of the Border or at the very least a second slide which will be near impossible to come across anytime soon.

Chili....go ahead and go with the Q5 optic Walther..........that will move me up on the Wolverine wait list which I put a deposit down for the Shadow 2 OR in the middle of March, not sure where I stand on the wait list....when did you wait list to be #1 ??

17 hours ago, race1911 said:

Chili....go ahead and go with the Q5 optic Walther..........that will move me up on the Wolverine wait list which I put a deposit down for the Shadow 2 OR in the middle of March, not sure where I stand on the wait list....when did you wait list to be #1 ??

The moment they posted about it being released I sent a text to one of the Wolverine guys asking how to get on the list.  They then figured out how they wanted to handle the pre-orders and as they were posting it on CGN I was handing over my CC info lol.

I am just frustrated trying to figure out the best course of action for me because of the difference in rules and the fact I shoot regularly on both sides of the border.  I would need to set up a gun for each side (or at least a slide) and then I don't have a backup for either at that point.  I may just give in and get my original Shadow slide milled and shoot it in the USA and save the OR2 for IPSC only, not the ideal solution as I'd prefer to have a pair of identical guns.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

not the ideal solution as I'd prefer to have a pair of identical guns.

I agree totally, not much sense having a backup that is a different model (even if similar)....seeing you shoot both sides of the border it would be ultimate to have a match gun (and a backup) that could be used on either side of the border

the milled for optic rear portion uses an adaptor plate for different optics.......apparently the factory is working on coming out with a plate with an attached iron rear sight so you can take the optic off and put the rear cover plate on to use it for production

well my shadow 2 for uspsa carry optics is now totally done. as the rule sets for prod optics in ipsc and carry optics in uspsa are so wildly different in the weight of the gun and such i just don't see a way to run a shadow 2 of the same gun for both orgs. sadly.34605937_673497616315717_166981065678782

well my shadow 2 for uspsa carry optics is now totally done. as the rule sets for prod optics in ipsc and carry optics in uspsa are so wildly different in the weight of the gun and such i just don't see a way to run a shadow 2 of the same gun for both orgs. sadly.

How long was the lead time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i live near the shop that did it and we shared the work of figuring it out together. so it came together after 4 different visits. you would need contact CJ at CJ Maven llc to figure out how long it would take him.

On 6/1/2018 at 3:17 PM, Chili said:

The moment they posted about it being released I sent a text to one of the Wolverine guys asking how to get on the list.  They then figured out how they wanted to handle the pre-orders and as they were posting it on CGN I was handing over my CC info lol.

I am just frustrated trying to figure out the best course of action for me because of the difference in rules and the fact I shoot regularly on both sides of the border.  I would need to set up a gun for each side (or at least a slide) and then I don't have a backup for either at that point.  I may just give in and get my original Shadow slide milled and shoot it in the USA and save the OR2 for IPSC only, not the ideal solution as I'd prefer to have a pair of identical guns.

Chili, the solution is simple. Get TWO OR Shadow 2’s. One for production optics and the other to modify to be legal for USPSA. The price for both guns is still only a fraction for what you pay for a half decent  open gun, and you will truly have the best for USPSA, and IPSC. 

Edited by abb1

3 hours ago, abb1 said:

Chili, the solution is simple. Get TWO OR Shadow 2’s. One for production optics and the other to modify to be legal for USPSA. The price for both guns is still only a fraction for what you pay for a half decent  open gun, and you will truly have the best for USPSA, and IPSC. 

The sucky part of that solution is that I then do not have a backup gun for either when traveling for a Major match.  Either way 1st world problems, I'll figure out a solution that works for me.

6 hours ago, Chili said:

The sucky part of that solution is that I then do not have a backup gun for either when traveling for a Major match.  Either way 1st world problems, I'll figure out a solution that works for me.

The importance of a back up gun is not so much with a CZ. When getting into Production Optics, I purchased a second shadow and had it set up identically with intentions of it being a back up. I feel it is a waste, and sometimes think of selling it in weak moments as it is never used. All I do is wipe the dust off it since I got it. CZ's seldom break or malfunction. The only weakness with the shadows is the TRS which has been known to break, however, I have not heard of them breaking on a S2, so they may have put in a stronger spring, not sure. 

The importance of a back up gun is not so much with a CZ. When getting into Production Optics, I purchased a second shadow and had it set up identically with intentions of it being a back up. I feel it is a waste, and sometimes think of selling it in weak moments as it is never used. All I do is wipe the dust off it since I got it. CZ's seldom break or malfunction. The only weakness with the shadows is the TRS which has been known to break, however, I have not heard of them breaking on a S2, so they may have put in a stronger spring, not sure. 
Couldn't you use one as a practice dry fire gun and the other for competition

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On 6/8/2018 at 5:53 AM, Inkw8ll said:

Couldn't you use one as a practice dry fire gun and the other for competition

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It really doesn’t matter which gun I use for dry fire. It is all the same. For competition I always bring both just in case, but have ever only used the one. As was mentioned with optics, while shooting open or PO, I have never had one break, just changed the battery.  Also I use a DPP which is totally water proof, so I don’t have to worry about rain, which is an issue with a few red dot optics. 

Edited by abb1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/5/2018 at 4:50 PM, Wisemenofgotham said:

Video I found on Youtube, no set date for release.

‘It’s actually the optics not quite ready. It was released up here last week.

It comes with removable irons ready to be removed for a mounting plate.... that will be out in March and not for every optic.  No c-more, which is what we’ve got.

glad we didn’t put down a deposit.  Going to get 2 regular 2’s milled in a few weeks.

Edited by MikeyScuba