Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does a heavier recoil spring increase the longevity of the slide stop?

ArrDave

33 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

However, every other firearm manufacturer out there manages to make that a lifetime service component without issue.

My 9mm STI Trojan broke slide stops about every 5k rounds and I had another 40 cal 2011 (not STI, ok it was a Fusion, I was once dumb and bought a Fusion) that chewed up link pins about every 2k. With both of those guns it was a timing / fitment issue that the vendors fixed by installing new barrel and etc. 

Not sure where I am going with that except to wonder if CZ's don't just bang harder on the stops. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, yigal said:

cz use cheep materials and save manufacturing costs by making  many  parts from castings.look at the same part from tanfoglio- s.stop.- it's made properly and from better material ,

I like Tanfo's, but if they ever made two parts to the same dimensions it might possibly signal the end of the world or something. 

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

My 9mm STI Trojan broke slide stops about every 5k rounds and I had another 40 cal 2011 (not STI, ok it was a Fusion, I was once dumb and bought a Fusion) that chewed up link pins about every 2k. With both of those guns it was a timing / fitment issue that the vendors fixed by installing new barrel and etc. 

Not sure where I am going with that except to wonder if CZ's don't just bang harder on the stops. 

on 1911 and 2011 guns   they need proper tuning and barrel fitment  to eliminate this problems. they need   pro gunsmith   .;)

7 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I like Tanfo's, but if they ever made two parts to the same dimensions it might possibly signal the end of the world or something. 

:lol::lol:

i hope they  already solved  this problems as they say.;) 

On 28/03/2018 at 3:05 PM, yigal said:

about more  reliable feeding and maybe less recoil  with  stroked slides  i agree .

but  slide have lock with barrel only for short time and travel only 4-6 mm together   ,so stroked slide don't INCREASE  S.Stop  life. 

Yes short time and travel during lockup. But a lighter recoil spring will cause the slide to travel slower at the very end of the "reloading cycle". A slide with lower travel speed will have less force exerted on the slide stop when it is about to lock up. Thats also why you get less dip with a lighter spring.

24 minutes ago, Ludde said:

Yes short time and travel during lockup. But a lighter recoil spring will cause the slide to travel slower at the very end of the "reloading cycle". A slide with lower travel speed will have less force exerted on the slide stop when it is about to lock up. Thats also why you get less dip with a lighter spring.

yes .

but force during recoil is more  heavy  than  force at the end of reloading cycle.for this reason all S.S. breaks during recoil.

if u check this under microscope  this can be seen   clearly.