Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production base pads - TTI vs. Dawson vs. Shockbottle

LeviSS

Looking to add some base pads to 17rd Glock mags for Production.  Which do you prefer?

I've used TTI on CZ mags and liked them, but they are the most expensive.

I've used Shockbottle on CZ mags and liked them.

I've never used Dawson, but they are the cheapest of the 3 by quite a bit.  They have 3 sizes...which size do you guys like?

I'm looking for quick to get a hold of and easy to disassemble/reassemble.

They’re not one of your listed options, but I run the .25” Springer Precision pads on my Sig mags.

Looks like they're available for Glock as well.  $16-$18.50 each depending on how many you order.  Seems to be on the same cost scale as Dawson’s.

10 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

They’re not one of your listed options, but I run the .25” Springer Precision pads on my Sig mags.

Looks like they're available for Glock as well.  $16-$18.50 each depending on how many you order.  Seems to be on the same cost scale as Dawson’s.

Thanks.  Yeah.. I should have added them in the running.

FWIW...  Not sure if It’s just the Sig mags, but I had to get the SP floor plates as well.  The base pads would get knocked loose when dropping on concrete during indoor matches.  The Sig OEM floorplates had a very shallow knob to secure the base pad whereas the SP floorplates have a pronounced button that seats much farther into the hole in the base pad.

Using the TTI +4/5, extremely happy with them. Easy to get on and off, simple to maintain and clean. I use Dawsons on my STI .45 tubes, but find I have issues getting the gate open when they get dropped in sandy like dirt. I will definitely stay with TTI's in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...