Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wow, I Just Saw Sight Lifts And Come Down

Rikarin

Its not like asking tips or anything but I realy wanted to share my significant moment. It was WHOA Experience.

I was practicing WH only on group shots. It was taking like 15 sec to do this drill. I was repeating to beat the time and at this particular string, for some weird reason, I saw the FS lifts directly above, and I was following it going up and coming back down and like, by the time it came down between RS, I was ready to shoot next shot.

Then I saw the time and it was whopping half, I mean, it had been taking 15 sec and all of sudden it took only 7 seconds.

I was like so awe struck and jaw dropping. I was like "what just happened!"

Of course, I tried to do it again and never able to do so :(

But at least I have experienced! :) I am moved but also bit depressed. Geez, I am practicing this much, sacrificing this much and finally, only now, I was able to follow the FS just once???? How much more I need to practice and sacrifice to get where I want to be?

I had never never never imaginzed shooting is this deep. Its so much of "zen in the art of archery"

"Trying" to make it happen won't work as well as "Letting" it happen will. Take it from someone who always trys too hard ;-)

Congratulations, that is a huge step on the path.

Thank you so much for the comments everyone. :) I feel happy as if I just passed initiation ritual of of a secret society. :D Down into a rabit hole.

Nice post Rika. ;)

The coolest things happen when, for whatever reason, we stop trying and just watch.

be

Thanks Be. I will just watch and have fun ( I mean, I will try to just watch and have fun??? :D

Rika,

Congrats. Very cool! As one who is just getting there himself, I know how big a moment it is when you see the whole shot and recoil.

Most of the time, I lose the sight part way through the lift and then pick it back up as the the gun returns, but sometimes I see the whole thing, and it does seem to be happening more often. Keep your awareness and it will get better...

Billski

Giving this coming Sunday is the one year anniversary of competition and my birthday is coming on Tuesday, following the sight and just discovering I am no D class shooter no more, and all those nice supportive comments from you guys..... what great presents! Can not ask better than this... I am very happy.

Thanks Matt ;) Hope you are kicking European asses in Czech!

Rika,

Congrats! Keep up the smart work.

:-)

M

After reading Brian's book, I felt like my martial arts instructor had written it. I then related the things in the book to my more familiar experiences in the arts. I had many AHA! experiences in my years of MA and then realized that shooting could be seen in the same context. Shortly afterward I also had my first experience with relaxation vision. It took a while afterward before I could see things on a regular basis. But as always I've again hit a plateau and hope soon to have another AHA! experience. Guess it's time for another reading!!!