Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore RTS Battery Cover

tanfoglio1911

I noticed recently the reason why their were times I loosed the dot of my cmore RTS during the match. Their were occasions that the battery cover moved so I put a tape to hold the movement. Need help from someone who have the same issue, what is your fix?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Chillywig said:

The original V2 was kind of loose. Sent mine in for the V3 upgrade and was super tight. I destroyed my battery tray too. Sent in again for V4 and all is well. So far 

Are you talking about V2 and V3 circuit boards or battery trays?

They changed my battery tray doing the V3 board upgrade. The V2 tray was open and round exposing the majority of the battery. The V3 had a solid bottom with a small square cut out in the middle of the tray. V4 board upgrade comes with a tray like V2. 

8 hours ago, tanfoglio1911 said:

Ok guys, I spoke to Cmore this morning. I removed the battery tray per customer service instruction and after a thorough inspection I found the battery tray cracked. Well easy fix, Cmore is sending a new tray today. Thank y'all.

I'm curious to see what part number your new battery tray has...

I bought four extra RTS2 battery covers from C-More last February...  The part number is RTS-SP-001-B... 

25 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I bought four extra RTS2 battery covers from C-More last February...  The part number is RTS-SP-001-B... 

I will let you know as soon I get it from the mail.

4 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Do these battery covers break that easily or do you just like to have extra parts. Also how much did they charge you for them. 

...care taking out the battery tray on V2 and V3 as if you put alot of outward pressure pulling against the tray tab it will break off.....the solution is to use a very very small flathead screwdriver (like for eyeglasses) and insert it inside behind the tab opening, do not put outward pressure but instead press downly firmly near the inside base of the battery tray and then a gentle outward pressure will pull the battery tray out without breaking it......believe me, I experienced breaking them until CMore factory showed me the correct method and supplied me with new battery trays

15 hours ago, Steelix said:

Do these battery covers break that easily or do you just like to have extra parts. Also how much did they charge you for them. 

When I bought my first RTS2, a lot of people were having trouble breaking the battery covers...  The covers aren't on the C-More web site (maybe they are now) so I called them up...  They are exactly $5 each, so I bought four of them...  I've broken one since then.

12 hours ago, race1911 said:

...care taking out the battery tray on V2 and V3 as if you put alot of outward pressure pulling against the tray tab it will break off.....the solution is to use a very very small flathead screwdriver (like for eyeglasses) and insert it inside behind the tab opening, do not put outward pressure but instead press downly firmly near the inside base of the battery tray and then a gentle outward pressure will pull the battery tray out without breaking it......believe me, I experienced breaking them until CMore factory showed me the correct method and supplied me with new battery trays

Interesting...  I wonder if you can tell the difference between a V2, V3, and V4 RTS2 by the battery cover...  or maybe the opening for the battery cover?

My first RTS2 started shutting off during stages...  Replaced the battery and it still shut off...  I thought it was a version 4 circuit board because the dot turned on automatically after I replaced the battery without turning it on with the button...  After I received it back from C-More they said they upgraded the circuit board to version 4 and replaced a broken battery tray...  I didn't notice that the battery tray was broken...  You need to look closely to make sure the battery tray isn't broken...  and apparently what I thought was a version 4 circuit board, was not.

I just got hold the replacement tray57a3791a6c85ceb97bb1c69710877779.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What if it happens in the middle of a stage run? Cant stand that. Stuck with Serendipity/Slideride. No worries. This goes to all brand micros out there. Reliability is no. 1, next is Reliability, 3rd is...again Reliability. 

I thank you for field testing them for me ???

9 minutes ago, BoyGlock said:

What if it happens in the middle of a stage run? Cant stand that. Stuck with Serendipity/Slideride. No worries. This goes to all brand micros out there. Reliability is no. 1, next is Reliability, 3rd is...again Reliability. 

I thank you for field testing them for me ???

My RTS2 worked fine all season. I think they finally got the bugs worked out.

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

My RTS2 worked fine all season. I think they finally got the bugs worked out.

Im happy for you. Wish its the majority.

I have had some bouts with them, the last were with aimpoint micro H1, where I easily busted 2. Went back to ol’ serendipity/slideride and shooting Open suddenly became fun again. 

I guess these are more reliable in 5.56/223 rifles, pcc, and the likes where recoil and volume of fired rounds are quite moderate vs open major cal. pistols. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...