Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare slide for shadow 2

abigger04

5 hours ago, GeneBray said:

An milling slide exterior except for sight installation is prohibited in USPSA CO I am almost certain. 

I’d argue that all day! Look at all of the Glock gun bunnies running TTI Glocks! Those things are chopped all to heck! 

21.2b- Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited

21.3- After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, con- tour and caliber as original factory standard.  You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

Guess the ability to use a 'milled' slide will depend upon your ability to convince the RM that you haven't changed the shape/contour of the slide.

I’d argue that all day! Look at all of the Glock gun bunnies running TTI Glocks! Those things are chopped all to heck! 

For open, limited, and L-10, nothing wrong with TTI. Production and CO there may well be. That said not having researched TTI throughly.

I would say if people are using TTI or any other modified slide that does conform to the rules the problem lies squarely in two places. First, the competitor for not following the rules and secondly on match staff for failing to enforce the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, abigger04 said:

Is it currently possible to purchase a spare slide for a Shadow 2?  My online searching hasn't yielded any results.  I'd like to get a spare slide milled for CO this next year.  

AFAIK, there isn’t anywhere you can purchase a slide only. Possibly from an individual, but no dealers, distributors, or shops. 

21.2b- Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited
21.3- After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, con- tour and caliber as original factory standard.  You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

Guess the ability to use a 'milled' slide will depend upon your ability to convince the RM that you haven't changed the shape/contour of the slide.
Per the rules..
21.2b Milling of slide — only as required to insert
optical sights
A slide may be modified specifically for
the purpose of installing optical sights
or cocking serrations. Textured
finishes, grip tape, milling or stippling
on the slide to provide texture is also
allowed. Cuts that are designed to
specifically or significantly lighten the
slide, such as holes, are ruled as
competitive advantage and prohibited.