Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Mississippi Classic State/sectional Oct. 8-9

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John, I think the idea of combining with the Gator classic is an excellent idea. I was going to R.O. at both matches anyway. The idea of a benefit for all the Katrina victims sounds pretty good. We were cowards and went to Memphis to ride out Katrina, only damage at home was 3 shingles and 2 trees. Besides not having power, this is being done with a generator btw, it's only an incoveneince compared to all that lost everything. Our prayers go out to all of the victims, if I can help anyone in anyway, contact me. Thanks Bill

Quick Update:

I'm happy to see that the guys from Thibodaux have things back on track to have their own match at the end of October. They've got a great new range there from what I've heard and have been working really hard so they deserve to be able to show it off.

On our end, everything seems to be coming together well for a great Mississippi Classic. The entries are coming in fast now and it doesn't appear that Katrina is going to hurt our turnout too much. We cleared the downed trees off of the range last week and we've got power, water, and plenty of targets and props at the range so the match is a go. The biggest issue that I think we'll face is hotel space for our out of town guests and I've been working on that.

I've expanded the listing of hotels on our website to include a number of other quality hotels in the same area as the match hotel and I've been told that they are all going to be honoring reservations beginning October 1st. I think most of the Katrina evacuees will be out of the hotels by then but there could be some competition for rooms from a number of other events that had to postpone because of the storm so I'm asking all our shooters to book their rooms as soon as possible. Please let me know if you are unable to find a room at one of the listed hotels and I'll see what I can do to find additional space.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in October.

http://www.teammagnolia.com

John

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we're only about a week away from the 2005 Mississippi Classic. Everything is coming together well and I'm starting to get excited. Wanted to let everyone know we still have a few openings if you want to come shoot. Also, if you get it in the mail by Saturday and write on your application that you read about it on the BE forum I'll waive the late entry fee.

I know that after last year's "refreshing mid-match showers" that a few of you had some minor weather concerns. I'm not going to say anything that might come close to jinxing this thing but if you want to check it out for yourself the Ten Day Forecast is now up. Hope to see lots of you there.

John

:) SO WHO'S ALL GOING??????????????????? I'm shooting sat/sun, see ya there :D , Good weather forecast!!!!!!!!!, What do ya do in jackson miss. on a friday night?????? :blink: Edited by G+16

Well, Jackson is the Capitol City afterall, so things around here are fairly cosmopolitan. Might I suggest the State Fair. Lots of rides, unusual food items served on sticks, etc. Charlie Daniels plays Wednesday night, Eddie Money is Thursday, and Randy Travis is Friday. Unfortunately, the really good events like the goat judging and the horse and mule pulling contests aren't until the next weekend but they're well worth the extended stay. Other than that, I think Dash Riprock is playing at Hal and Mal's, there's highschool football galore, and The Vicksburg Theatre Guild is doing Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

John

Lynn,

Since I sleepwalk my way thru most of my stages, a 0400 start won't bother me a bit. I do feel sorry for the rest of the Friday shooters who'll have to wake up so early. :D

Edited by cpty1

john, leaving wed. night for jackson, lay over in memphis with some friends, any news on when and were for registration and range times on sat, sun? :)

Registration has always been Friday evening @ the Jameson in Pearl. Sat. shooting 8 am - 5 pm. Sunday 8 am - 11 am.

Hey Mike,

Let me know if you're not getting the match e-mails. I sent one out with details on registration and stuff the other night and I know I had you on there. Maybe I typo'd your e-mail address when I added you to our mailing list like I kept trying to typo your last name when I was adding you into Winscore. ;)

Sorry about that,

John

Hey everybody! Finally started getting ready.

No ammo loaded :)

Guns not clean :)

C more battery dead :)

Where are my mags? :)

Shoes are trashed :)

Found holster but not inner belt :)

H*** this is a normal match, I am ready! :D

See everybody at the Jameson on Friday before cocktail hour... look like a 3 martini dinner!