Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So the 10mm video was just an interest video

Intercooler2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Honeybooboo said:

They are doing a 10mm 1911 and xdm. Ar10 in 2018. 

Great. There goes my long range plan to try SS minor as my next division. Wonder if they'll get 10 rounds in a 10mm 1911 mag.

• 3 months later...

With the right loads a 40 will do 600 FPE out of a 5" barrel with 180 grain bullets.  The other plus is that 40s are almost free right now.  10mm seems redundant to me,  but to each his own. 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, RJH said:

With the right loads a 40 will do 600 FPE out of a 5" barrel with 180 grain bullets.  The other plus is that 40s are almost free right now.  10mm seems redundant to me,  but to each his own. 

10mm is a far cry from a juiced up 40 when done right. The factory 10mm offerings are about the same as 40 though. That's something I never understood. They are loading into 10mm brass with darn near 40 charge weights. Why they don't just load the appropriate load to begin with is beyond me. They would actually sell more. Folks don't buy a 10 for bunny fart loads.

10 minutes ago, 38superfan said:

10mm is a far cry from a juiced up 40 when done right. The factory 10mm offerings are about the same as 40 though. That's something I never understood. They are loading into 10mm brass with darn near 40 charge weights. Why they don't just load the appropriate load to begin with is beyond me. They would actually sell more. Folks don't buy a 10 for bunny fart loads.

What I am getting at is that people seem to think that the 10mm is some super mag, but there it no loading that I found  in books or top end factory stuff that even matches a full power 357, and a properly loaded 40 does more that any of the main stream 10mm loadings and isn't far enough off of  top end 10mm to justify having to carry a large frame gun that cost more to shoot, (40 brass is free and 10, not so much) to me.  But if someone else wants to buy a gun and ammo that is considerably more expensive, but still takes a back seat to the 357, go for it. it is their money after all

My love affair with the 10 died years ago. Believe me, you won't hear me encouraging anyone to buy into it. It is a pretty far cry from any magnum these days without buying boutique loads (that cost 2x what 357 does) or rolling your own.  Sig makes pretty decent ammo for it but still not original  specs.   Folks who tout the capacity of a 10 vs a 6 gun should just learn to reload the revo faster! 

It seems to be making a resurgence recently, but I think its because the market is pretty stagnant. The ammo companies still haven't upped their game for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bit pissed when the "big" announcement was a 1911.  Don't get me wrong, I love the 1911, I have 13 of them, three of them are in 10mm.  I had a Glock 20, never could get used to it.  I've got an XD 45 and love it.  I'd really like to see a XD?? 10mm. 

I load my own and I'm getting around 1250 fps with a Blue Dot load and a 190 WFN bullet.  I doubt that load would even fit in a .40 Short and Weak case.

Factory offerings are pretty lame unless you go the Boutique route.  My handloads are running me under $0.10 each so I'll keep shooting them.  I'd really like to be able to shoot them in an XD.