Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Nationals

hopalong

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pork Chops it is :wub: (mmm pork chops). Sam seems to think that 7pm at the Patio is good. I know Dan and his wife, Tom, Sam and I guess Chad (Sam??) are in. Anyone else who can show post up. When I get in, I will get a table saved. Feel free to come early and drink a few beers :wacko: .

Cliff

A question for you wheelguners. There appeared to be 20 folks shooting revolver. Were any of them using speedloaders, or is moon clips the only way to go? I have a GP100 I shoot in IDPA and thought I might give my G17 a rest and shoot the wheelgun in a local USPSA match.

Nice shooting Sam C. I'm sure you dad's proud as can be.

Bruce

A question for you wheelguners. There appeared to be 20 folks shooting revolver. Were any of them using speedloaders, or is moon clips the only way to go? I have a GP100 I shoot in IDPA and thought I might give my G17 a rest and shoot the wheelgun in a local USPSA match.

Nice shooting Sam C. I'm sure you dad's proud as can be.

Bruce

I'll be interested in the responces to this question with reguards to the moonclips

vs speed loaders ;)

But as far as your question goes for a USPSA match, check the rules, I'm not sure

if you can convert a non-mooncliped gun to moonclips. I would bet big $$ you can't

for IDPA.

That said, you could convert your GP100 for clips and still retain the use of speed

loaders without clips.

Maybe you want to start a new thread on this topic Bruce so it does not get lost here ??? just a suggestion.

I would bet big $$ you can't

for IDPA.

Dave,

I am looking at some work on my revolver and need some extra cash so can I take you up on the IDPA Conversion bet :D

It puts you in ESR division.

Regards,

Gary

So I could use moonclips with my modified .357 4 inch 686 ! but the 5 inch

7 shooter is out because of the barrel length ? (and the 7 rnds)

I must confess that I'm one of those people that goes blank when reading a rule

book, you can with this but you can't with that, I never understand it all.

As far as I know there were NO speed loader guns at USPSA Revolver Nationals, I did not get to see what Mark W. shot but my money would be on a moonclip gun.

I did not get to shoot on the Revolver squad but did get to see them shoot a stage, they all looked like they were having a good time and really enjoying themselves, maybe next time......

Congrats to all......

D. Carden, I have your plaque e-mail me your snail mail address and I will get it too you !!!!!!!

Hopalong

As far as I know there were NO speed loader guns at USPSA Revolver Nationals, I did not get to see what Mark W. shot but my money would be on a moonclip gun.

I did not get to shoot on the Revolver squad but did get to see them shoot a stage, they all looked like they were having a good time and really enjoying themselves, maybe next time......

Congrats to all......

D. Carden, I have your plaque e-mail me your snail mail address and I will get it too you !!!!!!!

Hopalong

You did miss a good time.

The trash talk was master class! I'm just glad they took it easy on the new guy. (me, not Mike) :D

I can't remember having so much fun shooting a match. Keith was smart and kept his head down. Once you opened your mouth you were fair game and the piling on was vicious. :o

It was good to meet some new faces at the Nats. Keith, Rob, Bob, Ken, Edgardo, Dennis, and of course Sam (the one with hair). What a great bunch of guys. Good to see Rudy back too. Everyone worked hard and our squad was always waiting on the back and forth guys in front of us and were rarely caught by the squad behind.

Thanks to all for making it a great trip.

Cliff

Congrats to all the revolver shooters. Great bunch of guys. I learned lots just by being squadded up with the the other wheelgunners and had a blast at the same time. It was surprising to see the different ways shooters were able to come up with to manipulate a stage using 6 rounds( give or take) at a time.

Thanks to the range staff and ROs, also.

I've already decided I'll be back next year.

Mike, are you going to get bumped to A class from nationals, and can you spot me some points when you come up to MN for our sectional match in September? :D

Keith, I don't really understand how all that classification stuff works. Y'know, I'm still pretty new at this ipsick stuff...

Sam and I are definitely looking forward to shooting with you on your home turf in September. We're doing the "ironman" weekend, shooting Omaha on Saturday and Minnesota on Sunday. Should be grueling but fun! Hoping we can talk Skip A. into attending also.