Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is this, where does it go

DesertTortoise

Ah, man. Why are you guys so helpful at times? He definitely would have figured it out. LOL. 

I once lost the center pin from a revolver cylinder and didn't realize it until the cylinder wouldn't stay closed...since i was in my shop, there was a bit of mess, and a ton of metal pieces...i had to buy a big magnet and pick everything up, then sort through all of the little metal pieces until i found it.

12 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

since i was in my shop, there was a bit of mess, and a ton of metal pieces...i had to buy a big magnet and pick everything up, then sort through all of the little metal pieces until i found it.

This is why working on guns happens on my kitchen table. Armor it with sheets of cardboard and sweep the floor before you begin.

If you lose anything, sweep the floor again and it’ll be waiting for you in the dust pan. I’ve rescued many a microscopic part that way.

My garage is my metalworking shop. I grind and weld in there. No way I’ll ever find tiny parts if they get lost.

That's the projectile that launches across the room when you take out the trigger bar plunger without putting your finger over the hole in the mag release button!  I have a couple of them somewhere in my basement, probably never find them...... ;-)

20 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

That's the projectile that launches across the room when you take out the trigger bar plunger without putting your finger over the hole in the mag release button!  I have a couple of them somewhere in my basement, probably never find them...... ;-)

Do you know if CZs operate in the same fashion? Good information to know to prevent buying a ton of extra small parts...

4 minutes ago, yigal said:

it's almost the same family :)

Very good to know! I am the worst when it comes to losing parts on disassembly and I'm pretty sure if I'm not diligent about this particular part, I'll end up with 20 or so extras by the end of next year :D

1 minute ago, touji said:

Very good to know! I am the worst when it comes to losing parts on disassembly and I'm pretty sure if I'm not diligent about this particular part, I'll end up with 20 or so extras by the end of next year :D

welcome to the club:lol: