Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Tanfo pistol info needed -- Pic inside

kwelhand

Does anyone know anything about this old Tanfoglio  pistol in 9mm?

I've searched the net but could not find any info about this particular model.

What's the model name and why does it have target rear sight and extended barrel?

A guy from my town is selling one, but he doesn't know anything about this pistol.

What's the fair price for this pistol? the pistol appears to be in good condition but no box or extra mag.

IMG_1533.JPG

Edited by kwelhand

3 minutes ago, haiedras said:

There's no manufacturer roll mark? Is it large or small frame magazine?

It's a small frame gun... much like CZ-75.

I will ask the guy about the roll marks but on the right side of the gun, it has 'Cal 9' mark and safety warning etc.

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

if in real good condition... why not... but a bit more buys you a new Stock I...

You're absolutely right... I'm on the fence about getting Stock II in like new condition for $800.

Obviously, this gun is cheaper but no way close to Stock II.

Decision decision... 

Well, kneelingatlas would know far better than me, but it's probably a Springfield P9? If you already have CZ 16-17 round magazines, they'll fit. I'd almost get it at $400 just to have another small frame in house. :D

$400 is fair, it's a standard small frame, not the competition frame, so no flared mag well, or fancy checkering, and it looks like the slide/frame have a slightly different finish.  I have a few oddball slides with a fixed front sight and an adjustable rear like that.  The non-threaded, extended barrel is a little unusual, but you could thread it and add a comp.  I have lots of parts you could use for an Open build with that gun ?

1 hour ago, zombywoof said:

Looks exactly like my Witness Steel with an extended barrel and adjustable sights. Small frame.

What's the exact model name of your gun?

Could you tell me more about the model and its history?

Edited by kwelhand

this one have the same barrel l. with lim .slide

yours have shorter slide with original barrel l.

this not so old tan. version. i found this model under few names: springfield p-9 , tan. lim pro and  bul storm (better and  more modern version)

all small frame versions . i think it's better than large frame. it's base gun .but very reliable . i think that new tan. s1  and s2  feels in hands better.

will live more than any cz handgun .:o 

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪bul storm 9mm‬‏

4 hours ago, yigal said:

this one have the same barrel l. with lim .slide

yours have shorter slide with original barrel l.

this not so old tan. version. i found this model under few names: springfield p-9 , tan. lim pro and  bul storm (better and  more modern version)

all small frame versions . i think it's better than large frame. it's base gun .but very reliable . i think that new tan. s1  and s2  feels in hands better.

will live more than any cz handgun .:o 

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪bul storm 9mm‬‏

Awesome info! thank you very much for sharing~

I love Tanfo and there's so much to learn... beautiful gun BTW! 

one of mine friends in shooting club bought handgun like this  used. from somebody that used it for ipsc practice few years

but after cz shadow2 arrived and he tried it he bought 2   shadow2 

after 10k with factory ammo first  sh2  died. broke a frame 

after 10k the second broke frame in same place 

now we have in club  4 sh2 with broken frame.  last only 1 that still work. it has 6k. all of them shoots very good but frames breaks before slide stops. 

(cz solved  slide stop problem  issue ) :lol: if somebody  don't believe  i can send by  mail   pic. of 4 broken sh2  frames and cracks.

now he shoot only with this gun  around 40k with same ammo and gun  still like new with tight fit.

Edited by yigal

16 hours ago, kwelhand said:

What's the exact model name of your gun?

Could you tell me more about the model and its history?

I bought this Witness Steel in 1999. That started my love affair with the Tanfo. I picked it up at a gun show and fell in love with the way it felt. It was $250. I have recently installed the extended mag release, safety and trigger.

witness.jpg

5 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

I bought this Witness Steel in 1999. That started my love affair with the Tanfo. I picked it up at a gun show and fell in love with the way it felt. It was $250. I have recently installed the extended mag release, safety and trigger.

witness.jpg

She's a beauty! fantastic looking gun !