Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Evo Grip

RustedFrog

I am about to build an open gun. I have all the parts for it but have really been considering a PT Evo Grip. I love the look of them and have liked the feel of steel grips that I have gotten to handle in the past. However, I have never shot a steel grip or handled the PT Evo at all. I am wanting to know if there is anyone within a couple hours of southeast Missouri that has a pistol with the PT Evo on it that would be willing to allow me to meet them to get a feel for the grip? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited by RustedFrog

47 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Check them if you can.

I went PT steel and then back to plastic.

One good thing is you can sell them fairly easily and at not much if any loss.

What was it you didn't like about the metal grip?  Too much weight?  Throw the balance off for you?

Open gun?

Edited by RaylanGivens

42 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

What was it you didn't like about the metal grip?  Too much weight?  Throw the balance off for you?

Open gun?

Not trying to answer for jcc but I found a steel grip too heavy for my Open gun. I was at 54oz. Later came to learn that many think they are more beneficial on limited guns and prefer to keep Open guns light?

7 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Not trying to answer for jcc but I found a steel grip too heavy for my Open gun. I was at 54oz. Later came to learn that many think they are more beneficial on limited guns and prefer to keep Open guns light?

The open shooters I shoot with seem to like the overall feel better in general, but I think the consensus is that the better your comp and load work together, the smaller the benefit of a steel grip.

I shoot the evo better regardless of the gun just because of the way that the grip is shaped in the rear (like a CZ).

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I just prefer the way the gun balances with the heavier grip. I also like how aggressive it is and the ergonomics of it. 

To the OP. The only thing I think you possibly would not like about a PT Evo is it being too aggressive for your taste. It is too much for some, however I love it. 

Just imagine grip tape but more pointy. Haha. 

6 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Open gun?

I put it on an Akai limited gun.

Shot it enough to make sure it wasn't just the new "thing" that was what I didn't like.

My splits were the same, my transitions were the same or slower both on the clock/timer and I wasn't any more accurate in matches with accuracy percentage.

So for me I didn't need the 500.00 "hood ornament" on my gun to be one of the cool kids.

Again for me it didn't do anything to warrant the investment.

I have since spent 4-500 rounds drilling with an open gun with the evo grip and it never impressed me

BUT,  I think it was becasue I have big hands and I kind of swallowed the grip up.

In a 100 draws don't think I hit 10-15 of them solid, so I believe it was more a size issue for me.

It felt great when I was fondling it but not when shooting it under speed.

If my hands were smaller and I didn't have a 15-20 year affair with the plastic grip I think I would give a EVO grip a go for a limited gun.

Wouldn't want it on an open gun due to the weight.

My 2cents worth

Neil

Edited by jcc7x7