Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Powder Baffle for Dillon 650?

I'm thinking I'd like to try a powder baffle to help improve the consistency of my Dillon 650 over the course of a reloading session.  Any thoughts on the Uniquetek baffle vs the Prairie Dog Perfect Powder Baffle?

Uniquetek Precision Powder Baffle:

baffle3x2@72.gif&picture.width.max=280&p

Prairie Dog Perfect Powder Baffle:

6-101_1_Perfect%20Powder%20Baffle.jpg

Uniquetek. Prairie dog not that great. Also on eBay a guy selling uniquetek like baffles 2 for 8 bucks. I bought them and can’t tell the difference between the two. I have 2 uniquetek and 2 from eBay both are identical.  
Could you share the link to the eBay ones? I tried looking, but could find anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kpj313 said:

Could you share the link to the eBay ones? I tried looking, but could find anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I checked I didn’t see them on eBay anymore. It’s was about 6 months ago. He may be out right now cause I know he sold a crap load of them at 2 for 8 bucks. 

If you order the pyrex powder hopper from the vendor on this forum (wardlance) it comes with a baffle similar to the uniquetek one already installed. Seems to be working well for me.

Edited by KzBoost

I find that the Prairie Dog is more consistent and can go with less powder in the hopper before losing consistency.  Having said all of that, my satisfaction with the product (vs the next guy’s dissatisfaction) may be related to the type of powder I'm using vs the powder he’s using.  

• 2 months later...

Finally got to use the Prairie Dog baffle for a couple thousand rounds of 9mm during the holidays.  I was initially disappointed as I didn't see much difference during a couple sessions, however, on my last session I was getting very good consistency.  The only difference was I believe I filled the powder hopper a bit more on the last session.  I plan to keep using it and will see if it continues to provide improved consistency.