Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Plan

I just entered a "Monster" match, 350-400 rounds over 8 stages.  I have two 41 round mags but they will not reload on a closed bolt.  My JP GMR-13 doesn't lock back when empty.  I'm thinking of starting with the 41 round mag and reloading at a point before it runs dry with a 17 round mag to finish.  Any good ideas?.

Hello: Download your mag you are reloading to. So start with 41 and reload to the other magazine with only 38 rounds and see if it will reload on a closed bolt. My QC10 does. You may also want to get some Magpul 21 round mags or add base pads to your 17 round mags. I would also have 4 mag pouches on your belt. Thanks, Eric

Like Eric said, download one of your bigger mags a few rounds until you can seat it on a closed bolt. Start with 41 rds and plan your reload somewhere along the way before you run dry.  And a few extra mags on your belt are always a good idea. You never know what can go wrong during the stage and I think it's better to have them just in case. 

8 hours ago, gdcguns said:

Like Eric said, download one of your bigger mags a few rounds until you can seat it on a closed bolt. Start with 41 rds and plan your reload somewhere along the way before you run dry.  And a few extra mags on your belt are always a good idea. You never know what can go wrong during the stage and I think it's better to have them just in case. 

Yes indeed. I learned the hard way, only yesterday.

Down at Twin Lakes GC, in Arkansas, I was going through the classifier for the second time, and I was using extended 17 rounds Glock mags. 

When the mandatory reload came I shoved a fully loaded, jam-packed, magazine into the mag well and it promptly fell back out. There wasn't enough cushion for the magazine to seat properly. I knew this but had forgotten.

Just because the dealers advertises these extensions as giving you 20, or 41 rounds, say, doesn't mean they should___in some instances. 

This is the setup I used yesterday in the LSCA Frightening 400.  Most stages had around 35 paper.  I am running a coupler of my own design that requires zero tools to put together. Actually been running the white one since last November.  It holds 55.  My other base pads are semi toolless, one screw holds them together.  They hold 41 reloadable with +5% Wolfe springs.  I have had issues with factory Glock mags swelling out when fully loaded.  My friend had the same issue, his solution was to load them, stick them in a mill, and take off the high spots.  It has worked great for him and me.  They insert great, and drop free fast now.  

RenderedContent-4B7CBAAE-1561-4BC1-BB48-B4A728953341.JPG