Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 140mm mag basepads--which one?

open17

57 minutes ago, 858 said:

Did you fit the follower? I had to file the front and rear of the Grams followers to get them to slide all the way down the tube and into the extension. I get 23 rounds in Mecgar 17rd with Springer extensions and Grams kits.

No I did not. Any info on where and how much ? 

I've never seen instructions. SP told me take some off the front and back of the follower until you can load the mag to capacity. In my case, I couldn't even get 10 rounds in the mag so it was more obvious. Just start with a few light file strokes front and rear and test file.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:37 AM, GregJ said:

I'm using CZ 16rd mags with the CZC Long basepad, stock follower and spring. Fits gauge, holds 20+1, and locks slide back. Have been very reliable.

I am getting 22 with that combo, I think I have Grams spring/follower.

I tweaked the two Grams follower/springs I had, with the CZ 16rnd and long CZ pad, I finally got 22 +1, could go 23 but waaay to tight for a reliable reload. With the CZ 18rnd short CZ pad I got 23 +1 (very tight).  If both prove to be reliable, this will be my start mag and the other my #1 mag.   After tweaking both locked slide back.

:cheers:

Taran +2 base pads and Grams follower and spring. Holds 22 easily re-loadable shot them for the first time today and by end of day a couple of the mags were able to hold 23. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2017 at 9:26 PM, Timido said:

I put +10% wolf springs in them for extra insurance.  21 rounds they lock the slide back and fit the EGW gauge. 17 round mecgar mags Taran Tactical +4.   They work great.   All stocked at my favorite store https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com

Seems like other people are getting 23 rds with a different setup and follower. I would like to keep the stock follower and would like to get your setup. So to confirm your setup, you are using taran +4 base pads, +10% wolf spring that fits perfectly on the stock follower for a total of 21 rds and able to get with slide lock without any issues correct?

12 hours ago, Doc1 said:

Seems like other people are getting 23 rds with a different setup and follower. I would like to keep the stock follower and would like to get your setup. So to confirm your setup, you are using taran +4 base pads, +10% wolf spring that fits perfectly on the stock follower for a total of 21 rds and able to get with slide lock without any issues correct?

Correct.