Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 140mm mag basepads--which one?

open17

Currently running CZ factory SP01 18 rd tubes,  stock follower, Wolff +10% springs and Springer +0 pads.

Would like to bump up the capacity on a couple of them for Carry Optic.   There are a PILE of basepads 

out there---what's the current basepad wisdom for max capacity at a legal length?  Springs?  Followers? 

Base pad: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/cz-75-base-pads/cz-75-extended-base-pad-short.html

Follower and spring: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/cz-75-base-pads/czc-spring-and-follower-kit-10.html

Those will give you 23 in the tube + 1 in the chamber maximum. May not lock the slide back tho. 

1 hour ago, RAP said:

I use Springer Base pads with Grams follower and springs. I get 23 in the magazine, will not lock the slide back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.  Didn't see a +pad for the 18 rd factory mag on the Springer site, just + pads for the 17 rd Mec-Gar.   

I emailed Springer about it.

I run a SP-01 in Carry Optics and use 18 round tubes with a taran tactical +2 and 10522 czcustom spring and follower kit. For my 17 round mecgar I use the Taran Tactical +4 with the same 10522 kit. Both those combos get 23 and gauge properly. 

On 9/13/2017 at 9:22 AM, Timido said:

I use Taran Tactical with 17 round mecgars 21 rounds with stock follower and fits the gauge

Are you using the stock springs? Also, if they are the stock springs, are you getting slide lock when (if) you go empty?

On 9/11/2017 at 2:31 PM, RAP said:

I use Springer Base pads with Grams follower and springs. I get 23 in the magazine, will not lock the slide back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me as well.  I'll need to check if they lock back though.  Last I remember they did.  I'll update if they do.

• 1 month later...

I'm using CZ 16rd mags with the CZC Long basepad, stock follower and spring. Fits gauge, holds 20+1, and locks slide back. Have been very reliable.

I've tried CZ 18rd mag with CZC short basepad, CZC follower and 10 coil spring. Fits gauge, holds 22+1, but does not lock slide back. Basepad does not fit up against grip, so full force of insertion is on mag release.

Question: Does everyone prefer the additional two rounds over the ability to lock the slide back?  Looking at maybe changing mag setup over the winter, trying to decide which is more important.  I feel like if the spring can lock the slide back, it may feed a little better.  No proof, just a little more confidence in it I guess.

1 hour ago, GregJ said:

I'm using CZ 16rd mags with the CZC Long basepad, stock follower and spring. Fits gauge, holds 20+1, and locks slide back. Have been very reliable.

I've tried CZ 18rd mag with CZC short basepad, CZC follower and 10 coil spring. Fits gauge, holds 22+1, but does not lock slide back. Basepad does not fit up against grip, so full force of insertion is on mag release.

Question: Does everyone prefer the additional two rounds over the ability to lock the slide back?  Looking at maybe changing mag setup over the winter, trying to decide which is more important.  I feel like if the spring can lock the slide back, it may feed a little better.  No proof, just a little more confidence in it I guess.

If you're shooting 9mm with mag extensions then the added capacity is more important than the slide lock. 23+1 is already giving up two rounds capacity advantage to the 2011 and TS platforms, giving up five rounds would cause me to shop for another gun. 

If you're shooting 9mm with mag extensions then the added capacity is more important than the slide lock. 23+1 is already giving up two rounds capacity advantage to the 2011 and TS platforms, giving up five rounds would cause me to shop for another gun. 
23+1 is the most I have ever gotten in a 9mm 140mm mag, STI, Tanfo or Czechmate. Now I was able to get 24+1 in the Tanfo mags with Henning 141.25 basepads but that was with 38 supercomp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, MrPostman said:

23+1 is the most I have ever gotten in a 9mm 140mm mag, STI, Tanfo or Czechmate. Now I was able to get 24+1 in the Tanfo mags with Henning 141.25 basepads but that was with 38 supercomp.

I can get 24 in the mag of my XDM using the Springer base pads and the Grams follower.

I can get 24 in the mag of my XDM using the Springer base pads and the Grams follower.
Is that reloadable or can you only start with that many in the mag? 23+1 reloadable is all I could get in those guns in 9mm but the 24+1 was reloadable in 38 supercomp.

9mm TS mags are 20 rounds before you put on an extension. With an extension and Grams kit they are 24 rounds. My g17 mags with TTI extensions are 23 rounds and I get 23 rounds in CZ Mecgar 17's and SP extensions. So yeah, if you're bringing 20rd mags to gun games you are missing the capacity boat. 

I can put 24 in the tube and then barny up to start with 25.  There have been a few 22-24 round stages I have been able to run without a mag change.

That said I'm trying to sell my XDM setup so I can get an SP-01 or a Shadow
Well that is impressive , I know I couldn't get that many in there even once the springs set, it felt like I had room but it was a no go in 9mm.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, 858 said:

Roger that.  I got a couple of Springer pads and Grams followers for my MG 17 round mags, and most I can get into them would be 21+1, and that last round might not feed it is so tight.  So far, it looks like the 18rd CZ mag with short CZC basepad and CZ follower, is the most I can get (22+1).  Any CZ guys care to share how they get more?

Did you fit the follower? I had to file the front and rear of the Grams followers to get them to slide all the way down the tube and into the extension. I get 23 rounds in Mecgar 17rd with Springer extensions and Grams kits.

Edited by 858