Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Makes A True One Power Scope?

HiCapMag

Weaver Classic Variable 1-3x20. I've used it for about three years. I think it's the most underrated scope in 3 gun. It's a true 1 power scope, great field of view, good clear glass, in an small light-weight package. It will serve you well out to about 300 yards. Past 300, the 3 power setting starts to get a little light for precision work, but it can be done. Best of all is the price, usually around $175.

Erik

I know of Horus and Nightforce...both about a grand or more.

Does anyone else make a low power variable scope with a true one power bottom end?

Thanks.

Check out the Bushnell Banner 1-4x32, #711432. Under $100. I've been using it on my AR for 3 gun and it's been great. Still use the Simmons 1.5-5x20 on other rifles, but the 1x is noticeably faster and has a wider FOV.

joe

Does anyone else make a low power variable scope with a true one power bottom end?

Thanks.

Check out the Bushnell Banner 1-4x32, #711432. Under $100. I've been using it on my AR for 3 gun and it's been great. Still use the Simmons 1.5-5x20 on other rifles, but the 1x is noticeably faster and has a wider FOV.

joe

Joe - is that a ture 1x or does it have some magnification at 1x?

Leupold CQ/T is a honest 1x-3x scope. Works really well out to about 300-350 yds.  Cheapest I've seen on AR15.com was a used one for $550, otherwise they run about $600.

Leupold is making a new reticle for it that will allow the shooter to be effective with it at farther distances, and it should be easier to hit smaller targets with too...they're supposed to send me a new CQT as soon as it is available.

Leupold CQ/T is a honest 1x-3x scope. Works really well out to about 300-350 yds.  Cheapest I've seen on AR15.com was a used one for $550, otherwise they run about $600.

Leupold is making a new reticle for it that will allow the shooter to be effective with it at farther distances, and it should be easier to hit smaller targets with too...they're supposed to send me a new CQT as soon as it is available.

And then your going to send it to me right????? :rolleyes:

And then your going to send it to me right????? :rolleyes:

No...but you will be able to send your old CQTs in for reticle upgrades.

You're serious? That would be the ticket! We'd tried Premier Reticle and they would not touch it since it is illuminated.

Thanks.

joe

The Banner is not quite 1x, it is probably somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5. But for the $ it is a good scope for the 'not for guns or money' matches :D .

Thanks for all the responses.

Pacman, just to confirm, have you looked through the Bushnell? I checked their website and they imply the scope is a true one power, but you know how that is.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the responses.

Pacman, just to confirm, have you looked through the Bushnell?  I checked their website and they imply the scope is a true one power, but you know how that is.

Thanks.

HiCapMag, I have one, the circle dot 1-4x, and it is definitely not 1x. It is a little more than 1.25x when compared to the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4, and not quite 1.5x when compared to the Nikon 1.5-5. But hey, I can't complaint since the scope only cost $65 :lol:

• 2 months later...
Pacman,

How is the optics on the Bushnell?  How does it compare to the Accupoint in terms of brightness and clarity?

How does it track?  Are the resetable turrets cheesy or good?

Anything you don't like about it?

Nope, for the money, it's a good deal. In terms of optic for a practice gun it is clear without any noticeable distortions, but I can't compare the optics of a $65 scope to a $600 unit, just wouldn't be fair :) . The resetable turrets are kinda crude, but workable. Again, I'm using it on a practice upper shooting Wolf ammo at 100 yds, so I don't intent to put it through a 'box' test for repeatability :D

I was just given a true 1x4 scope w/ lite rect. It has 111 ft. field of view @100 yds. Great glass w/30mm tube. Meostar scope at about $575.00 Has a 3 min. dot that is easy to use. That's right 111 ft. @ 100yds. See just about all the range. 1/4 min. clicks @ 100 yds. Looks like my answer to the almost perfect scope.