Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 base pads for Production

Weever82

I just purchased a CZ Shadow 2 and should be showing up in a few days. :D Super excited and ordering extra magazines, etc...

Which base pads fit in the USPSA Production box? It appears the Springer pads and CZ Custom pads don't fit?

Any input would be great as I would like to order some and show up when the gun is here.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

If you have not practiced any reloads with it yet, I preferred the stock basepads. 

Thats good to know. No, its still in the mail so I haven't got to play with it yet. I loved my TTI pads on my 34 but the ones for the S2 won't fit in the box.

Thanks for the input!

36 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Who told you they don't fit?   I've used SP previously.  I'd like to try the CZC next. 

I was reading the reviews on Ben Stoeger and they said the SP were too big. Now maybe it was because of his sights or something??

19 minutes ago, Quack said:

The MecGar +2 pads are the ones that don't fit.

Yes, I have heard that too

56 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

the springers and cz custom do fit and are the best pads in my experience.

I am really glad to hear this. So many conflicting reviews online it's hard to tell and didn't want to buy 6 of them and they don't fit.

I wish I knew someone with a box to try.

Thanks for the input guys!

On 8/17/2017 at 3:58 AM, Weever82 said:

I just purchased a CZ Shadow 2 and should be showing up in a few days. :D Super excited and ordering extra magazines, etc...

Which base pads fit in the USPSA Production box? It appears the Springer pads and CZ Custom pads don't fit?

Any input would be great as I would like to order some and show up when the gun is here.

Thanks!

which pad are  you referring to?

These fit box no problem with the supplied magazine.

pad.thumb.JPG.5a8c2e9c4e88c316bcd742573259c2d0.JPG

4 hours ago, eerw said:

which pad are  you referring to?

These fit box no problem with the supplied magazine.

I actually ended up going there yesterday and you sold me the silver ones. They fit the factory 17rd CZ and the 17rd Meg gar like a glove. They easily fit the production box, dunno why people were saying they don't. High quality too!

IMG_0366.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg

Edited by Weever82
Added Pic

For the IL Sectional match i used Mecgar mags with Springer pads with my Shadow 2. Stock rear sight.  There wasn't any room for error but it fit the box at IL Sectional.