Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 magwell options that are available?

bzajdek

I am interested in purchasing a magwell for my CZ SP-01 and a few mag extensions for 3 gun.  I have only seen a picture of the Cajun Gun Works magwell that uses a replacement pin where the lanyard hole is on the bottom of the grip.  I was wondering if there are other options, and if Taran Tactical extensions would work with any of these magwells or any other mag extensions would work with a specific magwell.

24 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Are there any magwells that work with the factory SP-01 basepads? Or is it just a requirement that you switch to something fancy/aluminum?

I can't answer your question directly but the SP01 mags upward travel is limited by the floorplate's contact with the frame. I assume that most magwells are going to change the magazine's relationship to the mag catch. CZ has a Chechmate style magwell that doesn't have any floorplate warnings so maybe that's possible a solution?

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. Maybe I'll order mags first, then baseplates, then do the magwell last. It looks like the Mec-Gar 17 rounders are a good place to start - Greg Cote sells them with a +2 adapter, and you can add the Henning baseplate kits to take them to 23.

9 hours ago, matteekay said:

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. Maybe I'll order mags first, then baseplates, then do the magwell last. It looks like the Mec-Gar 17 rounders are a good place to start - Greg Cote sells them with a +2 adapter, and you can add the Henning baseplate kits to take them to 23.

Just an FYI the mecgar mags will not work with the CZ Custom magwells if you go that route. The magazine body is not long enough to clear the frame/magwell. You would need the factory mags or if you go with the mecgars you would need cajun magwell if you are going to run a magwell.

Edited by mveto

I have mecgar mags already, so I think i will be looking at the cajun gun works magwell.  I am not sure but i believe the cajun gun works magwell will NOT work with taran tactical extended base pads( I have heard springer precision extended base pads work fine with the cajun gun works magwell, but I only recall reading this somewhere and am not positive)

CZ magwell user require a specific magazine base pad they offer which prevent over-insertion.  Without this mechanical stop you will get jams from over-insertion and it'll wear on the magazine also...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 0:49 PM, 858 said:

I have a magwell from Armory Craft. All of my factory magazines fit in it as well as SP extensions and SP01 18 and mecgar +2 extensions. The SP01 magazines are limited by the magazine release. The magwell came from here: https://www.armorycraft.com/shop

Those are the CZ-UB CZ75 magwells. Cool to see somone importing those!