Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Xtreme Mod List

Tanfastic

9 minutes ago, emjei said:

Because the OP has a Xtreme Gun Can I ask ..... how Tall and Wide the Xtreme Front Sight is ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Xtreme front sight on mine is 3mm wide but I can't really measure the height with it on the gun since I think you're supposed to measure the full height of the site including the base.  From the top of the base to the top of the sight post, it's 3.60mm at the front and 3.45 at the muzzle, but that would be irrelevant in comparing to another brand of site since the base would likely be different.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, emjei said:

^^^ Thanks for that info..... I have a .150T X .090W Dawson on my gun but Hand Tested an OEM Xtreme and liked the F Sight

I do like the Xtreme sight, but I'm going to try the thinner Dawson .140x.100 on my other Stock 2 to see which I like best.  I've always ran the slim Dawson's on my other pistols and like them.

34 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

I do like the Xtreme sight, but I'm going to try the thinner Dawson .140x.100 on my other Stock 2 to see which I like best.  I've always ran the slim Dawson's on my other pistols and like them.

You can get Dawson's in an even thinner .090" now too. Like emjei has.

53 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You can get Dawson's in an even thinner .090" now too. Like emjei has.

Do you like it that thin with the width of the rear super sight?  I was a little worried that would be too thin so I went with .100.  I wish Dawson made the fixed competition rear for our guns.

I like the .090Wide wayyyyy better that .100

I tested an 2.5W Xtreme and it gave the perception of being thinner (Although I think is because of how short it is compared to Dawson) .....but I want to try one

10 hours ago, Tanfastic said:

Do you like it that thin with the width of the rear super sight?  I was a little worried that would be too thin so I went with .100.  I wish Dawson made the fixed competition rear for our guns.

I'm running a .100" x  .140" front.

And 2.5mm is .098" wide. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

Similar, even more pronounced strikes like that on a new Stock II 10mm. I would say the firing pin is not retracting back on a timely manner, but it appears to work just fine on table. Puzzling.

88a91e453ff3c3f09941d0f7ec4ff8fa.jpg

11 hours ago, arkadi said:

I would say the firing pin is not retracting back on a timely manner, but it appears to work just fine on table. Puzzling.

16 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

I just don't look anymore.

Puzzling indeed. 

May go with 'it works so do not fix it'. 

Thanks.

Wondering about alignment - fp hole - fp channel - fp dimensional tolerances. 

More spring might stop the marking on the primers but it would be good to understand a little more. Other thing, hate to make changes in the direction of making ignition less reliable/requiring a stiffer hammer spring.

11 hours ago, johnbu said:

Mine does it. It's a "feature", allows me to id "my brass". 

My suspicion is I am wondering about something that does not really matter. Safe to assume that you have many rounds through your gun & good trigger/ignition characteristics? 

• 1 month later...

going to revive this thread as I already hijacked the other one a bit older :) I am new to Tanfoglios so I have a lot of questions.

to revise the list of mandatory upgrades for a stock II (please note I need to use all OEM parts as this gun will be used in major IPSC matches and in Production where nothing other than OEM is allowed). 

Sear and hammer related questions:

I am planning on installing a TITAN EXTREME hammer, do I need to upgrade the sear to an extreme sear?

or

Should I keep the sear that comes with the regular stock II instead of upgrading to a extreme sear? ( I have read here that the extreme has machining flaws?)

and,

Do I need a new extreme sear cage? why? what is the difference with the sear cage in the regular Stock II

Trigger continued:

I am planning on getting the extreme trigger bar, that looks chromed and perhaps easier to polish. Is this worth it or just polish the bar that comes with the gun?

Do I need an Extreme Trigger instead of factory Stock II trigger shoe?

Fitting:

I have read the thread about sear fitting (thank you very much Memphis for putting that together).

What other fitting would the hammer group require? Do I need to fit the interruptor / hammer?

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to be prepared for the task as I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of work it will require. However, I very much prefer working on the trigger myself to understand the firearm fully and get comfortable and for the pride of working on it and making it to my liking.

Let me know if I should perhaps put all the questions on a new thread and I will do that.

Thank you

On 9/9/2017 at 10:18 PM, Avenida said:

going to revive this thread as I already hijacked the other one a bit older :) I am new to Tanfoglios so I have a lot of questions.

to revise the list of mandatory upgrades for a stock II (please note I need to use all OEM parts as this gun will be used in major IPSC matches and in Production where nothing other than OEM is allowed). 

Sear and hammer related questions:

I am planning on installing a TITAN EXTREME hammer, do I need to upgrade the sear to an extreme sear?

or

Should I keep the sear that comes with the regular stock II instead of upgrading to a extreme sear? ( I have read here that the extreme has machining flaws?)

and,

Do I need a new extreme sear cage? why? what is the difference with the sear cage in the regular Stock II

Trigger continued:

I am planning on getting the extreme trigger bar, that looks chromed and perhaps easier to polish. Is this worth it or just polish the bar that comes with the gun?

Do I need an Extreme Trigger instead of factory Stock II trigger shoe?

Fitting:

I have read the thread about sear fitting (thank you very much Memphis for putting that together).

What other fitting would the hammer group require? Do I need to fit the interruptor / hammer?

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to be prepared for the task as I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of work it will require. However, I very much prefer working on the trigger myself to understand the firearm fully and get comfortable and for the pride of working on it and making it to my liking.

Let me know if I should perhaps put all the questions on a new thread and I will do that.

Thank you

Faced with the same level of ignorance, I just called patriot defense and asked them to put together a parts list of what they would install. Worked out well.