Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb question about no-shoots covering target

pixel5

Do the score zones change when a target is partially obscured by a no-shoot? I've seen targets that are covered almost entirely except the head and parts of the shoulders. Does the Alpha zone then move to the head or what?

Stays the same, just a lot less of it to hit.  I have an unfortunate tendency to "wing" hostages:blink: 

That gets me a deduction for the No Shoot and if I did not recognize it (under Comstock scoring) and did not make up the shot you also get a miss!! A double whammy!!

So, all in all, it is best not to shoot the "No Shoots"!!:D

5 minutes ago, Eureka1911 said:

Stays the same, just a lot less of it to hit.  I have an unfortunate tendency to "wing" hostages:blink: 

That gets me a deduction for the No Shoot and if I did not recognize it (under Comstock scoring) and did not make up the shot you also get a miss!! A double whammy!!

I figured as much. Also didn't notice until now that there is an A and B zone on the head.

I bet that hostage wouldn't mind getting grazed on the arm if it means you nail the guy holding a knife to their throat in the heart! lol

1 hour ago, Eureka1911 said:

LOL...that's awesome.  Winging the hostages.  Sorry, but I thought that was funny. :D  But it sucks about the scoring and the double whammy!  I'm going to have to remember that! :o 

• 3 weeks later...

Per the rules, they are required to show half of the A zone on partial target.  Sometimes at locals however sometimes this rule gets overlooked. But the scoring is the same reguarless of what's exposed

2 hours ago, Jts2581 said:

Per the rules, they are required to show half of the A zone on partial target.  Sometimes at locals however sometimes this rule gets overlooked. But the scoring is the same reguarless of what's exposed

Not quite right.

APPENDIX B3

Metric Target

At least 25% of the lower A-zone, or the entire upper A-zone, must remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Not quite right.

APPENDIX B3

Metric Target

At least 25% of the lower A-zone, or the entire upper A-zone, must remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots.

Yeah I meant the classics.  Which I think is 50% right?