Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Stole My Aluminum Cans?

jessej

Really minor in the whole scheme of things. But it still vexes me. Who stole my aluminum cans? LOL, i had about $25 dollars worth of cans in my private carport. I just noticed someone helped themselves to the whole lot. It was a shitload of cans. Hmm, maybe i should set a booby trap :D:ph34r: O well, at least i got to drink it all first... :lol:

edited to add

i had my tumbler and media rotator sitting right next to there too. Now if they would have taken that.....as dirtypool put it, "it's on like donkey kong!"

Really minor in the whole scheme of things.  But it still vexes me.  Who stole my aluminum cans?  LOL, i had about $25 dollars worth of cans in my private carport.  I just noticed someone helped themselves to the whole lot.  It was a shitload of cans.  Hmm, maybe i should set a booby trap :D:ph34r:  O well, at least i got to drink it all first... :lol:

My mother-in-law lives in the city limits in San Diego. The street shoppers (a/k/a homeless people) roam the alleys and take all recycleables, etc that are not locked up. No one really objects and everyone seems to know the "rules."They generally don't cause any problems, just looking for stuff to turn into cash.

For instance, if you have furniture or clothes you don't want, just leave it in the alley and it will be gone by noon. It's actually a nice part of town, where a 2/2 townhouse costs $400k+.

Sometimes we'd pull out something nice like some pretty decent cabinets or a working appliance. I'd not want to put them in the dumpster seemed a waste so I'd sit them out for someone to take, with a sign saying "FREE!" on it.

No one ever took them till the old man put a sign on them saying "For sale, $100.00"

They were always gone the next day.

Ted

When I was in college and living in a Fraternity house we would regularly have vagrants sneaking in and stealing our beer cans. We could make several hundred dollars a month just from recycled cans and bottles. All of it would be sorted in trash cans which makes it an easy target.

On morning my roommate ran in screaming and hollering. Everyone ran outside because we thought there might be a fight or something. We saw him run down the street and turn a corner so we all gave chase. Upon rounding the corner we saw he was chasing several homeless people making their getaway pushing shopping carts full of recyclables. We stropped in our tracks and got a good laugh. He never caught them by the way.

We live on a creek. Occasionally large things float down the creek. One day after a rain I noticed a white object stuck under some of my trees, so I went and fished it out. It was a rear hoopty-spoiler for a small car, obviously fallen or ripped off. Since it was large-trash-pickup week for us and A didn't approve of my test-fitting it on her (beige) car, I set it by the curb. The next morning it was gone. Everybody else's large trash was still there :)

I noticed a couple of days ago that the rear mud flaps on my '89 Civic were gone. Gone!!!

Now when I go driving around I look at the rear wheels of '88-91 Civic to see if they have my mud flaps. I can't believe someone would do that. :)

Come to think of it... both of my Honda emblems on this car have also been ripped off. The car was stolen (and recovered) and broken into and the radio stolen on two other occasions. WTF!!!

I have a shootin buddy that had one of those 5 gallon water jugs, filled with change stolen out of his garage. That was either one strong mother or he's using the money to pay for his now damaged back.

Really minor in the whole scheme of things.  But it still vexes me.  Who stole my aluminum cans?  LOL, i had about $25 dollars worth of cans in my private carport.  I just noticed someone helped themselves to the whole lot.  It was a shitload of cans.  Hmm, maybe i should set a booby trap :D:ph34r:  O well, at least i got to drink it all first... :lol:

edited to add

i had my tumbler and media rotator sitting right next to there too.  Now if they would have taken that.....as dirtypool put it, "it's on like donkey kong!"

jessej,

the man that took your cans was the HMMM garbage man! :lol:

i'm sorry you lost your life monument to drinking.

lynn

Lynn,

No worries. Gonna lay off drinking for 2 weeks. There's nothing like excess but, man, i need a break. ;) Besides my open should be here and having a hangover is really bad for matches. how do i know that? :)

jj