Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX firing pin spring problems

I have two MPX carbines I use for PCC. Rough estimate is 2,000 rounds through each one. I have been shooting Speer Lawman 147 exclusively in these carbines. 

Weekend before last, one MPX started having ignition problems. When I took it apart, the firing pin spring was broken. I robbed a spring out of a MPX pistol I have, and the problems stopped. Sig sent me a spring for free and sold me two more at $15 each. Unfortunately, they sent the springs to me at an address in another state by error.

This morning, practicing for the area match this weekend, my other MPX started having the same problem. Took it apart, and sure enough this one also has a broken firing pin spring. Called Sig and they are out of these springs. They offered to rob me two off production, but unfortunately I can't get them before the area match starting Friday. 

Better check your firing pin springs in your MPX, and source a spare. Not sure what the problem is. 

34 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Call SIG ... They will ultimately replace your carrier, pin and spring

I recently got a BCG upgrade from Sig for my Gen2 MPX. The upgrade now includes a FP spring. 

what issue is the spring fixing? mine went bout 5-6 thousand rounds before I had a light strike, I finished the match without any more problems   I got home and cleaned the BCG for the 1st time, it was very dirty, but just trying to find out how dirty I could get it before it needed to be cleaned before I had an issue. there seems to be more problems with the guns with firing pin spring breaking than I am having with one without one and reg cleaning and proper lube