Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon digital scale new model

Hi guys, 

My old RCBS digital scale has been broken so it's time to upgrade and I was thinking to buy a Dillon Dterminator scale so I went to the store at my local range and they showed me two models

The Dillon D Terminator Old Model  for $190 

s-l1600_zps8qz37l2g.jpg

The Dillon D Terminator New Model for $140

new%20model_zpssz3w9okq.jpg

What's the difference? are both of the same quality? any experience or consideration?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Oh man I just bought the old model yesterday locally. The Dillon web store just list the new model. Grafs has the old one for $140 still. New appears to have a better display. No specs shown. Call Dillon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

I'd recheck the old model price, I just bought one about a month ago from Dillon for $140...

Did you buy it online or by phone ? I did not found the old model on their site.

10 minutes ago, Aasp76 said:

Did you buy it online or by phone ? I did not found the old model on their site.

Ordered by phone, just happened to be on with them any way... The new one is showing on their website. However what I was saying is the price is the same. The old one was not $190, it was $140 as is the new one. Perhaps the person who quoted you misspoke... No change in specs, accuracy, etc, just looks according to Dillon...

It is an awesome scale, have no hesitation in spending the money for it!

Got the old type from Dillon last Oct for $140.  It's been good.  Never varied more than 0.1.  Sturdier than the old other brand I had that crapped out.

Haven't seen or heard anything about the new ones yet.  Nice display and hingey cover.

6 minutes ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

Ordered by phone, just happened to be on with them any way... The new one is showing on their website. However what I was saying is the price is the same. The old one was not $190, it was $140 as is the new one. Perhaps the person who quoted you misspoke... No change in specs, accuracy, etc, just looks according to Dillon...

It is an awesome scale, have no hesitation in spending the money for it!

Thanks!

I will get the new model since have the same price than the website and can get it locally.

13 hours ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

I called Dillon and asked and was told the only difference is the case...

I went for the scale yesteday, It's really great! 

My old scale didn't had a dust cover and the display was kind of small, the display in this Dillon new model it's bigger. 

Very satisfied.