Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did switching to a Tanfoglio affect your scores?

42 minutes ago, johnbu said:

CZ does not have the plunger assembly to polish.

My guns are worked over pretty well. I've shot Hopkins production gun and it's nice, but not as light, smooth or short resetting as mine.  But, "it's the indian" as they say.  A competent shooter will be competent with either, my opinion is a non GM, M or A shooter will probably have an easier time with the gun with a better trigger. Could be wrong, but that's how it seems to work. 

No plunger but everything still needs to be polished. 

The mag release spring needs to be bent on the CZ. The tanfo doesn't have that problem. Also the trigger lifter spring on the CZ sucks and can cause magazine issues. 

So, they both have quirks. 

I like them both.

To me they both require about the same amount of tweaking.  

Edited by B_RAD

My CZC SP 01 Shadow is 7lb 14oz and 2lb 12 oz and the only thing I've done is shoot it. My Lim Pro (my admission slip to this cult) is 7 and 2 1/2. So far - LOL.

Edited by Jeff O

I bought a Tanfo but haven't been able to bring myself to switch in a match.  As I've gotten to near perfect in weight and feel on the trigger, but I don't have 100% confidence in how reliable it is yet.  My other concern is what other posters have mentioned.  I am not instantly better on 95% of live-fire or dry-fire drills, and use a different platform for work, so why switch?  The only purpose would be the hope that my "ceiling" or potential is raised by shooting the gun. 

I also bought it after only shooting USPSA for a short while, and I somehow got it in my head that it was necessary to be competitive.  I've realized that most guys could shoot a bone-stock Glock 19 or a tuned-Tanfo and their position in the results would be about the same.  I've also seen guys that I saw initially as pretty good, who have cool Tanfos or CZs, not progress much or at all, as I've passed them by.  

Bottom line, the amount of cash spent on parts and gear has no correlation to my results or level of enjoyment of the sport.  However, the amount I dry-fire and taking the time/effort to shoot major matches seems to influence both.  

I got a lot better. But it wasn't because of the gun. At the time I was practicing around 2-4 hours a day so mastering a double action pull was nothing. 

I practiced more, and got better. Its really that simple.