Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320, or wait on competition model?

twister

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, bomadera said:

I see it has a SS barrel, is it a bull barrel, standard trigger or custom? 

it's supposed to be a bull barrel. It has a flat trigger that is modeled after the trigger style on the Legion SAO. 

I don't know how the trigger feels. At Shot last year it was likely around 3.5lb or so. I could see a case for having it that light or leaving it around 5.5lb for IPSC competition. 

17 minutes ago, alma said:

it's supposed to be a bull barrel. It has a flat trigger that is modeled after the trigger style on the Legion SAO. 

I don't know how the trigger feels. At Shot last year it was likely around 3.5lb or so. I could see a case for having it that light or leaving it around 5.5lb for IPSC competition. 

Plus it has a maxwell, looks vey interesting.

3 minutes ago, bomadera said:

Plus it has a maxwell, looks vey interesting.

It sort of has two. The internal magwell was designed with Production division in mind. It's very generous. The larger magwell (and the 21 round magazines it ships with) would be great for 3 Gun and similar competition. 

3 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

Alma,

Is there still gonna be a P320 Target or is this P320X5  replacing the Target. This X5 looks friggin Awesome ?

I think the Target is no more. There is the VTac version now if you want the new grip without the bull Barrel. That's a full size slide with fixed VTac sights. There is also a new Carry model with the new grip that has an adapter plate for the Romeo1. Otherwise it's X5 or bust. 

I shot the P320 XFIVE yesterday. All I have to say is wow! I never thought a polymer striker fired gun would feel like a high end steel competition gun. It doesn't move under recoil and the grip feels just right in the hand. The bull barrel really keeps the front end down. Game changer IMO. 

1 hour ago, MrTuna said:

I shot the P320 XFIVE yesterday. All I have to say is wow! I never thought a polymer striker fired gun would feel like a high end steel competition gun. It doesn't move under recoil and the grip feels just right in the hand. The bull barrel really keeps the front end down. Game changer IMO. 

I think that's a little presumptuous! It looks like a great gun but a "game changer" in what instance? It's not really anything new to the industry or revolutionary.  Not crapping on the X5 but lets call it what it is, a high(er) priced polymer striker gun with a good trigger.

I really want to know the honest street price.

1 hour ago, MrTuna said:

Trigger impressions, please.

Trigger impressions, please.

They only gave me a few rounds to shoot it but I liked it a lot. Since there is no plastic safety tab and it's short and crisp it feels very single action. It's supposed to have a MSRP of $1000 and retail from $800-$900. People will have to decide for themselves if they think it's going to be an improvement on what they run. I have never shot a polymer striker fired gun in the $850 range that was anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the impressions. I think there may still be some minor room for improvement by tossing on a tungsten guide rod. 

Remember that while the P320 has a polymer grip it's frame (the module that houses the trigger group and rails) is actually stainless steel, so I think it holds some middle ground between the polymer framed and metallic framed guns.  

The trigger is good out of the box but can still benefit from a trip to Grayguns. 

Thanks for the impressions. I think there may still be some minor room for improvement by tossing on a tungsten guide rod. 

Remember that while the P320 has a polymer grip it's frame (the module that houses the trigger group and rails) is actually stainless steel, so I think it holds some middle ground between the polymer framed and metallic framed guns.  

The trigger is good out of the box but can still benefit from a trip to Grayguns. 

The Grayguns staff showed me their drop in curved and flat triggers. The kit was there but the technical details about sear faces etc was over my head. It's supposed to speed up their in house trigger enhancements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, BASE772 said:

I hope Bladetech or other holster manufacture will get on the ball for this model. 

Robert King at Red Hill Tactical already has one on order so he will be ready to make holsters early on. Worst case you could send him the slide and grip or I can drive up to his place to make the first batch. That's how I got my first P320 holster in 2014.

On 1/17/2017 at 2:49 PM, alma said:

Where can I get a tungsten guide rod for the FS 320 I have now? 

2 hours ago, bomadera said:

Where can I get a tungsten guide rod for the FS 320 I have now? 

I know a guy that has a machine shop that can do small batches. The tungsten that he can mill is pretty expensive. It puts the guide rods close to $100 after all is said and done. If was about to get him to do a couple more but now I might hold off and have him do one for the X5 whenever I can get that. In Production division it brings gun just below the maximum weight so you can't run extended base pads or anything but that weight out front makes it worth it. 

On 1/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, alma said:

I know a guy that has a machine shop that can do small batches. The tungsten that he can mill is pretty expensive. It puts the guide rods close to $100 after all is said and done. If was about to get him to do a couple more but now I might hold off and have him do one for the X5 whenever I can get that. In Production division it brings gun just below the maximum weight so you can't run extended base pads or anything but that weight out front makes it worth it. 

Imagine a tungsten grip weight for 3gun or limited. That would be awesome