Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro Grips that still make IDPA weight

Underwhere

Yes. With stock base pads and scales 2.0 grips, you will make weight.

I did this dance. And those are the only aftermarket grips that will make weight.

Edit: I should add. They are the only grips that will make weight by like 0.1 oz with Henning aluminum base pads. The Henning grips and stock base pads should make weight, I can verify if you want.

But if you want aftermarket base pads, the only option is the scales 2.0

I cast plastic grips mold using EGD as original.  80D hardness, very solid.  Then I put on putty to add just a bit palm swell.  Finally apply grip tape on the surface.  This makes the thinnest possible yet extremely grippy panels, fitted to my palm.   My LimPro is 42.3oz weighted in both state and national.   

1 hour ago, ElMateo487 said:

I did this dance. And those are the only aftermarket grips that will make weight.

Edit: I should add. They are the only grips that will make weight by like 0.1 oz with Henning aluminum base pads. The Henning grips and stock base pads should make weight, I can verify if you want.

Thanks for the info. That's awesome. 

I believe the Scales make the gun a bit wider than the EGW right? 
If you happen to have the Henning grips handy that would be great if you could verify. I'm trying to avoid purchasing and returning multiple grips.

Also: Do you know if there's a weight difference between the 2.0 and 1.0 Scales? 

12 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

I cast plastic grips mold using EGD as original.  80D hardness, very solid.  Then I put on putty to add just a bit palm swell.  Finally apply grip tape on the surface.  This makes the thinnest possible yet extremely grippy panels, fitted to my palm.   My LimPro is 42.3oz weighted in both state and national.   

Do you sell them?

Total stock Lim Pro in .40 with the scale 2.0 grips and shockbottle basepad on the mag.

Will most likely save some weight when I swap out the ambi safety for the witness single side one in order to ensure it fits in the IDPA box.   Who knows what'll happen to the weight once I put PD springs and BOLO and Xtreme sear in, but I'm hoping it'll stay at or below the current weight.

photo.JPG

4 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Total stock Lim Pro in .40 with the scale 2.0 grips and shockbottle basepad on the mag.

Will most likely save some weight when I swap out the ambi safety for the witness single side one in order to ensure it fits in the IDPA box.   Who knows what'll happen to the weight once I put PD springs and BOLO and Xtreme sear in, but I'm hoping it'll stay at or below the current weight.

photo.JPG

Wow ok that's going to be close.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 10:08 PM, ElMateo487 said:

http://i63.tinypic.com/30wt3qt.jpg[/IMG]

This weight is with EGD grips, stock base bads and Henning guide rod. Weight is 41.8 with stock grips.

[/img]http://i63.tinypic.com/30wt3qt.jpg[/img]

This weight is with EGD grips, stock base bads and Henning guide rod. Weight is 41.8 with stock grips.

Sorry wasn't clear. What I meant was scales 2.0 and aftermarket base pads are the only combo that could possibly make weight.

Henning grips + henning basepad = overweight
Scales 2.0 + Henning basepad = 1/10 of an oz under weight.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my lim pro with scales 2.0
Henning trigger and Titan hammer and BOLO. Henning guide rod and a Dawson front sight.

I beveled the magwell so there is some material removed. May be a reason why I'm 1/2 ounce under weight. (maybe not)

42.47 ounces with the factory mag. 697deef5ac047227c12ddbee0c9f1fd9.jpg

Don't tell your IDPA guys that you reshaped your magwell.

You will be ostrascized from the Tactical Plumber community. Been there, done that, for similar tweaks.

They probably won't check the rule book before 'knowing' it's illegal.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Don't tell your IDPA guys that you reshaped your magwell.

You will be ostrascized from the Tactical Plumber community. Been there, done that, for similar tweaks.

They probably won't check the rule book before 'knowing' it's illegal.

The newest rulebook says magwell modification is legal.(W) I don't think it was before.

I'm hoping I didn't read it incorrectly...else I'd have to buy another Tanfo. :)

0dfbef174812c6a4cd1922a9d1beef2a.jpg