Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whelp. Any ideas on where to shave half an OZ?

ElMateo487

Hey guys,

I have been on a quest to have all the cool stuff I want on my Lim Pro and still make 43 oz, so I can shoot it in SSP IDPA.

7bd3d4c3f7b6da47ea128926d897a35c.jpg

As you can see, I am at the physical limit. Haha.

This is with the following:

- Henning conefit guide rod

- Stock firing pin

- Removed right side safety

- Henning base plate

- Scales 2.0 grips (lightest non factory grips)

- Stock hammer + bolo

- all PD springs

I am thinking I can drill some holes into the base plate floor? But they only weigh 0.65 of an oz total.

293d1d445b1c947934ddedfa23d03379.jpg

Any ideas?

Henning FP....lol

Lol. This is one of the worst suggestions, and it's the first one too. Bravo.

As for removing from the frame. Hum, I'll take a look under there tonight and see what I have to work with.

I could go back to stock pads, that brings it down 0.4 oz. which is right where I want to be. But these pads help me with reloads a lot. Can't you see I am trying to have my cake and eat it too!

Use a mag with a plastic basepad for your first mag. That's obviously so that you know which one has 11 in it.

That's also typically the one that you put in it on the scale...

No one reloads to an 11rd mag in IDPA, the other two mags are the ones you need to reload to on the clock.

IDPA 101.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

So could you document the improvement in your shooting from all this waste of money. Vogel kicks ass with a basically stock Glock 34. Your money would have been better spent on practice ammo. Don't take me wrong, I recognize your right to do any darn thing you want, but I assumed it was to score better. Maybe that isn't correct. My bad.

Edited by Brooke

1 hour ago, Brooke said:

So could you document the improvement in your shooting from all this waste of money. Vogel kicks ass with a basically stock Glock 34. Your money would have been better spent on practice ammo. Don't take me wrong, I recognize your right to do any darn thing you want, but I assumed it was to score better. Maybe that isn't correct. My bad.

Last time I saw Vogel shooting in person he was at a USPSA match & taking advantage (gaming hard) of the fact that he was then an officer & could strap a light on his Glock and get a muzzle weight advantage over his competitors. I do not know how he has his guns set up now, USPSA production class rules are very restrictive, but if they are stock then I think he is a rare bird among serious competitors. May have something going on with Glock as a sponsor that dictates options though. 

If you have read Brian's book he talks a bit about his specialized competition guns from a good while back, among other things if memory serves he required 1.5" 50 yard accuracy. 

Maxing out your guns potential provides a confidence lift, makes shooting and practicing more fun, & is fun in and of itself, whether or not you can prove benefits with the match score. I see $0.00 in waste here. 

Oh, on second thought it was all a waste, op how much would you take for that travesty? 

Last time I saw Vogel shooting in person he was at a USPSA match & taking advantage (gaming hard) of the fact that he was then an officer & could strap a light on his Glock and get a muzzle weight advantage over his competitors. I do not know how he has his guns set up now, USPSA production class rules are very restrictive, but if they are stock then I think he is a rare bird among serious competitors. May have something going on with Glock as a sponsor that dictates options though. 

If you have read Brian's book he talks a bit about his specialized competition guns from a good while back, among other things if memory serves he required 1.5" 50 yard accuracy. 

Maxing out your guns potential provides a confidence lift, makes shooting and practicing more fun, & is fun in and of itself, whether or not you can prove benefits with the match score. I see $0.00 in waste here. 

Oh, on second thought it was all a waste, op how much would you take for that travesty? 

Yeah. Now that you/he mention it, WHAT A WASTE. I could be shooting a stock glock and I would be up there with Vogel making the big bucks. I'll just give this gun to whoever wants it. Free no charge, free shipping. Just let me keep my practice ammo. :)

So, I could go to a flat safety, but I like my big ledge safety. Does anyone have the weight of the new flat safety?

I could also lose the adjustable sight. That would probably do it. Lose out on convenience when changing loads though.

First and foremost. If you want to go that route, ALL competitive shooting is a waste of money if you aren't sponsored and making money off it.

I didn't want to shoot a glock. Period. I wanted to shoot something that I loved. Imagine if you showed up to a national, and every single person was shooting Glock 34s. "Because you could shoot them stock and be as fast as Vogel"

PS USPSA Production national was just won with a Lim Pro.

But the biggest point is, people spend money however they want to. And the end result was, I wanted a CZ platform, and this guns 12# DA was unacceptable.

Use a mag with a plastic basepad for your first mag. That's obviously so that you know which one has 11 in it.

That's also typically the one that you put in it on the scale...

No one reloads to an 11rd mag in IDPA, the other two mags are the ones you need to reload to on the clock.

IDPA 101.

Doesn't IDPA require that you weigh your gun with the heaviest magazine? Maybe that's not true.

If not, then this is will work.

Edit: yeah, they require it to be weighed with your heaviest mag.