Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optimized Firing Pin - Extended and more mass

PatriotDefense

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Price will be below $40, still finalizing a finish for them that won't require you guys to buff and polish them. 

Looking like within two weeks time we'll have the first batch complete...... ? Or sooner if I sleep at the shop.

Like we're wiling to offer sleep as an option.

Experimented with tungsten, it's a pain to machine and even though it's a lot more dense material than standard carbon steel it's rather brittle. 

I know it blocks with a extended FPB, Xtreme sear, and Titan hammer. I'll try a bone stock application tomorrow..... I don't see why it wouldn't work remember this stuff is Tanfoglio "Optimized" ?

7 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Tungsten sucks when something gets impacted but a hammer and then recoil force. Steel is where it's at. 

Come on guys, sarcasm better.

And let me know when you come out with a tungsten Tanfo frame. I want mine up to 7 pounds so you can't even feel the recoil...

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

I know it blocks with a extended FPB, Xtreme sear, and Titan hammer. I'll try a bone stock application tomorrow..... I don't see why it wouldn't work remember this stuff is Tanfoglio "Optimized" ?

Was there a BOLO in there too?

Does the BOLO affect FPB operation at all, or is that only affected by the sear & hammer combination?

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

Currently bidding on a section of Unobtainium on eBay, this may however drive the price of the pins up slightly.....

Unobtanium... good stuff, but hard to find.