Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About to Order a SVI

427Cobra

5.4 is good balance and longer sight radius is a plus.  I'm not big on the sight tracker setup, but some people like them.  If you can, try to handle and shoot various options before you decide.  Last thing you want is to spend the money, wait 14 months and end up wishing you'd gone with a different setup.

I have all three in various calibers...I just switched my 5.4 sight tracker over to .40 from 9mm for the first time in about a year and a half of shooting it, I have a match coming up where I want to major PF points and I have to say in .40 with major bullets this thing is a dream.  I think the weight helps mitigate recoil and the 5.4 feels very well balanced.  I also have a 6 inch in 9 and 40 and while I like the longer sight radius of the six inch, the 5.4 has a totally different feel and at least for .40 major I prefer the 5.4 sight tracker.

8 hours ago, lneel said:
  • The 5.4" is a great length. I thought the 6 inch felt too long and a 5 inch just too short. Best of both worlds to me.

Lee

Don't listen to Lee....he only shoots Open!!  As long as you're going with a 40, definitely go with the 5.4".  I live in the Bedford and you're welcome to shoot my 5.4" sight tracker.

I really don't like shooting other people's guns, makes me want them, but I may have to take you up on this offer, I started a 5.4 design, sight tracker, 9/40, I'm having second thoughts on the caliber conversion thing, just 40

36 minutes ago, 427Cobra said:

I really don't like shooting other people's guns, makes me want them, but I may have to take you up on this offer, I started a 5.4 design, sight tracker, 9/40, I'm having second thoughts on the caliber conversion thing, just 40

What's the gun for?  If it's only going to be for USPSA LTD Major, skip the caliber conversion.  If you think you might want to shoot it in 3-gun, or LTD Minor, go for the caliber conversion.

I recently got the 5.4 Sight Tracker and I am really enjoying it.  I had a custom built 5" non Sight Tracker that I had been shooting for a couple years.  GO 5.4 you will not be disappointed.  

IMG_0837_zps7qrd0ujr.jpg

Just curious to see what you ordered............the good news is that you can't really go wrong with either set up. They are both proven platforms. The difference is the feel that you as the shooter like and feel is most comfortable/compatible with your style of shooting. That really is the beauty of the Infinity set up options. They let you as the customer choose what works best for you versus buying prepackaged platforms like other brands. The fun part is listening to folks complain that there are too many options and they just don't know what to choose.

Life is short.....get one and if you find that you like something else just a bit better, then you can always submit another GunBuilder like the rest of us all have..........we all have new designs ready to submit just in case we come into a bit more $$.

Best Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

On 10/25/2016 at 11:27 AM, blu46and2 said:

What's the gun for?  If it's only going to be for USPSA LTD Major, skip the caliber conversion.  If you think you might want to shoot it in 3-gun, or LTD Minor, go for the caliber conversion.

I'm w/ Blu.  Is the conversion necessary?  Oooooorrr... do you want it just for fun? ?

And because you'll need a "backup", you should get two 5.4" sight trackers, each with the conversion kit in 9/40.  That way, if you're shooting limited major, you have a backup.   Then, when you convert to 9mm for 3-gun, you still have a backup.  See the logic in that?

On 10/27/2016 at 7:10 PM, MissionaryMike said:

I'm w/ Blu.  Is the conversion necessary?  Oooooorrr... do you want it just for fun? ?

And because you'll need a "backup", you should get two 5.4" sight trackers, each with the conversion kit in 9/40.  That way, if you're shooting limited major, you have a backup.   Then, when you convert to 9mm for 3-gun, you still have a backup.  See the logic in that?

The 9 barrel is just for fun, my thought was spending this kind of money being limited to a single cal was silly, I submitted a 5.4 design, but that was out of my price range