Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made A This Month

Harmon

well sendro wooley sent me my shiney new A card today

made A in L10 at nearly 82 percent.

i should get the A in limited soon, im sitting at 72.9XXX and im shooting better than ever.

if i can replace that stinker 63 percent classifer with a 80 percent score..ill be there.

now i want to find an open gun to fool around with.

should be fun to learn the speed it takes to shoot open. :huh:

made A in L10 at nearly  82 percent.

i should get the A in limited soon, im sitting at 72.9XXX and im shooting better than ever.

if i can replace that stinker 63 percent classifer with a 80 percent score..ill be there.

Congrats man - that's really cool. Did you shoot pistol before this or did you just buy a gun and start and have this kind of success. Also what do you attribute it to? How many rounds in 5 months etc. No where near an A shooter and bought the gun in Dec ( about the same time ) have had some tremendous improvements but not like yours. So lay out the road map and tell us how you did it. Thanks

Rick

outstanding. Congratulations.

I have to get serious about making "G" when my eye heals. I also have to accept that I haven't made it so far simply for lack of hard work and focus.

thanks for the motivation.

Congratulations Harmon!!

As to how Harmon accomplished this, let me quote him, "Hey that dry fire stuff really works!"

Well, I've no first hand experience with practicing, but if Harmon kicks my ass a few more times I might begin to believe him.

Al

made A in L10 at nearly  82 percent.

Congrats man - that's really cool. Did you shoot pistol before this or did you just buy a gun and start and have this kind of success. Also what do you attribute it to? How many rounds in 5 months etc. No where near an A shooter and bought the gun in Dec ( about the same time ) have had some tremendous improvements but not like yours. So lay out the road map and tell us how you did it. Thanks

Rick

Well i shot production for a full year before i bought a 40.

it was a used glock 22 . i put a magwell, tungsten guide rod and KKM barrel plus dawson sights.

DIY trigger job.

i was sitting on 65 percent B class in production when i stopped shooting that division.

the last match i shot in production was against Mink and i think i finished at 72 or 78 percent at the east texas section match..

the real turning point was when i started practicing the draw, the reload and transitions from target to target.

shooting major power ammo in a light pistol made me refine my grip so that i can control the gun during rapid fire.

as for how much ammo i have shot in five months, i have 2 empty pound cans of Universal clays, one empty can of winchester action pistol, 5 empty cans of titegroup(workign one number 6 now) two empty cans of WST and an almost empty can of accurate number 7.

this was all shot in 5 months time..probably better than 12000 rounds.

just a fyi, i shot 0308 at 73.5 percent saturday, that gets rid of a 63 percent score and brings my running percentage to 74.65XX

when i make master i guess ill treat myself to one of those STI guns..

just to add, thanks guys.

Al, ill be seeing you in arkansas this weekend.

there i will show you what dryfire will do.

remember, me and you are still classifed B in limited!!

Great work!! B)

when i make master i guess ill treat myself to one of those STI guns..

You might decide not to. :)

You might soon realize that your draws, reloads, splits, transitions, accuracy and capacity are just as good as anybody else's. Plus, you current gun is worry-free...and you know it well.

shooting major power ammo in a light pistol made me refine my grip so that i can control the gun during rapid fire.

Nice.. ;)B)

Trying to get to "A" class by January 2006

That can be done!

one(of the many) things i learned this year is very few things actually matter.

one of them is ammo.

people like to search and tinker with thier ammo trying to find the best( i am one of them)

i came to the conclusion that it really doesnt matter as long as it meets the two conditions

it must be accurate/reliable

it must be major power factor(minor in production)

what brought me to this conclusion was when a fishing buddy of my dads give me 400 rounds of rem-umc 180 grain factory loads he didnt need since he sold his 40.

i ran them over the chrono, 1035 fps

i shot them at two or three ipsc matches and some were fired at a local steel match.

i really didnt notice much difference between them and my handloads.

when it comes down to whats important, shooting the targets is MOST important.

everything else is just equipment.

again thanks guys

steve anderson was a real motivator watching the video of his elprez was inspiring

watching TT do his reload made me get mine down under a second.

not too much time to rest on my butt. i have to finish getting my stuff ready for arkansas.