Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My unicorn bait worked!!!!

CookieTheSwede

2 hours ago, Foxworth said:

Man, I can't wait to get mine. I put myself on a waiting list in June and they told me I could opt out if I wanted. I was on the fence between waiting for this to come through or getting a double stack Rock Island. Then I got a call that my card got charged and the Orange was on its way. So decision made I guess. Hope it's worth triple the cost of the RI. I'm pretty new to guns in general and have only owned Glocks. Hopefully it will get me excited about pistols. 

Who are you getting yours from? I put myself on a couple of lists, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm just curious who is getting them in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine (9mm) a couple weeks ago.  So far I'm loving it.  Super tight build, great trigger, and it's the first CZ I've ever shot that I'm not instantly wishing it had grip tape.  The front and back checkering, and the grip panels, have enough grip for me.  Nice adjustable sight, though I've been shooting the 60 yard gong and it is right on from factory.

Because of the frame changes to the trigger guard area it is a little wobbly in my DAA Race Master SP01 holster.  Still retains though so it'll work until I get tired of the wobbling.

Had one failure to feed on the first mag (I pushed slide forward to remediate) and no failures since in ~500 rounds.  I expected more failures during break in, as it was very tight.  I've been oiling it frequently during this break in process.

Finish is a flat black and just slightly different color on frame vs slide.

Thumb rest is a bit far back for my long thumbs and size L hands. I find it works best for me if I rest my thumb on top of the outside edge of it, instead of trying to jamb the pad of my thumb onto the pedal surface.

I got the TS Orange block for my race master. Locks up great. Just a tiny bit movement side to side. Recommended

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2016 at 8:03 AM, adamge said:

Trigger is a bit better but same overall feel IMO.  Both have minimal take up and overtravel, but also both have creep.

I think that creep is why I have an easier time shooting a tacsport accurately (esp SHO and WHO) compared to a crisp 1911-style trigger. Even after a year or so of exclusively shooting nice 1911's, I can typically shoot more consistent groups with the cz.

I like that version of the TS. My only beef with the standard one is it's fugly after a little use.

On 9/18/2016 at 10:03 AM, adamge said:

Some comparisons to regular TS...

Regular TS has the shiny black on slide and a lightening cuts on the front of the frame. Orange has flat black all around and the frame continues at full size to the front.

What lightning cuts are you referring to on a regular TS?

So what was the deal on them advertising "adjustable rear sights". 

Are they just your basic fixed sights and you swap fronts to adjust elevation and tap the rear with a small hammer to adjust windage ? 

Rear is adjustable for elevation. Windage you have to drift. It has two locking screws for windage.

0c63c1ed51948baefd40c5504e228ae3.jpg

6 hours ago, SDM said:

What lightning cuts are you referring to on a regular TS?

Hard to describe in words... But in front of the trigger guard in the dust cover area, the regular TS gets thinned out with two big diagonal cuts that extend to the muzzle.  The Orange's dust cover area stays round profiled on the bottom all the way to the muzzle.

How bad is the checkering on the original TS?  I've read a lot of people use grip tape on it.  I'm looking to get one but am not thrilled to have to use grip tape like on my SP-01.

Is the TS Orange frame the same size grip as the original TS?

I wish these weren't so rare.

On September 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM, CookieTheSwede said:

LOVE this thing! Went straight to the range and put 60 rounds through it.

2ce46fde83d06d34c1def7a6786177ba.jpg

You have any videos of you shooting it and any reviews 

6 hours ago, LeviSS said:

How bad is the checkering on the original TS?  I've read a lot of people use grip tape on it.  I'm looking to get one but am not thrilled to have to use grip tape like on my SP-01.

Is the TS Orange frame the same size grip as the original TS?

I wish these weren't so rare.

Original TS checkering is very similar to a Shadow.  IMO basically zero grip.  And the wood grips on an original TS are worst of all, super slippery and grip tape won't stick to them so you have to buy alum. grips, then put grip tape on those to get any semblance of traction.

The Orange has a somewhat modified frame.  I think it is the same as a Czechmate, or similar idea.  Undercut on the trigger guard and beavertail. Plus better checkering.  If you are asking about the grip panels, then yes the grip panels are the same size (actually Shadow, TS, Orange TS, and Czechmate all use same panels, just some are trimmed at bottom for magwell).

The TSO runs the same frame as the TS and the CM. The only difference is the TSO is undercut like the CM, has same front and back strap checkering as the CM and is a full dust cover rather than scalloped on the TS.

The Racemaster block just need the locking tab modified to fit the shape of the front of the trigger guard. I'm sure the dedicated TSO block is just a factory version of what Saul does in his video.

I've had mine for over a year now (first batch in Australia) and love it. Taking it to NZ in a couple of months so I can shoot standard cap mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.  So the TSO frame is about the same girth as the TS?

Edited by LeviSS
It seems like these things are popping up here and there. What are the chances of snagging one within the next 6 months?

Anyone prefer the TS Orange height sights to the 7.5 mm Tactical Sport ones (assuming fiber optic front sight in both)? 
My Tactical Sports came with an adjustable rear sight. As it started to wiggle I'm having it replaced with stock height sights. I saw too much slide when shooting with the 5.5mm sights.

12 hours ago, CookieTheSwede said:

Springer precision has some extension options. Probably a little cheaper than those 170mm mags. $130 is a bit steep.

I just bought one from Springer. I think they will be a pain to clean but they came with a grams spring kit....for 1/2 the cost.

Edited by huskerlrrp