Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My unicorn bait worked!!!!

CookieTheSwede

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE this thing! Went straight to the range and put 60 rounds through it.

2ce46fde83d06d34c1def7a6786177ba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe one day I will get one of these to go with my SP01 Shadow Orange. Congrats on a very nice pistol [emoji1303]

I have one on the way after a long wait. What holster do you plan on using? Would it fit one for the regular tactical sport. 

I have a DAA race master. They do sell a dedicated block for it. I think the differences in the frame are minor. But The thumb rest would be the biggest problem.

Look above. There is a post for a holster. Look nice.

I got mine (9mm) a couple weeks ago.  So far I'm loving it.  Super tight build, great trigger, and it's the first CZ I've ever shot that I'm not instantly wishing it had grip tape.  The front and back checkering, and the grip panels, have enough grip for me.  Nice adjustable sight, though I've been shooting the 60 yard gong and it is right on from factory.

Because of the frame changes to the trigger guard area it is a little wobbly in my DAA Race Master SP01 holster.  Still retains though so it'll work until I get tired of the wobbling.

Had one failure to feed on the first mag (I pushed slide forward to remediate) and no failures since in ~500 rounds.  I expected more failures during break in, as it was very tight.  I've been oiling it frequently during this break in process.

Finish is a flat black and just slightly different color on frame vs slide.

Thumb rest is a bit far back for my long thumbs and size L hands. I find it works best for me if I rest my thumb on top of the outside edge of it, instead of trying to jamb the pad of my thumb onto the pedal surface.

Edited by adamge

Some comparisons to regular TS...

Regular TS has the shiny black on slide and a lightening cuts on the front of the frame. Orange has flat black all around and the frame continues at full size to the front.

Huge different in front and back strap checkering with Orange having way more traction. And I would compare my aluminum grips with full grip tape on regular TS to the stock Orange grips as equal traction.

Magwell on Orange is way better for guiding mags in.

Trigger is a bit better but same overall feel IMO.  Both have minimal take up and overtravel, but also both have creep. Orange comes with the Czechmate's competition hammer (and magwell).

Front sight on the Orange is a vast improvement IMO. It has a tiny fiber inside, plus factory leaves the rear of the fiber inside the sight rather than extending it through and putting a mushroom head on it like I normally see. So I'm looking at a very tiny fiber, which is excellent. And rear sight is a huge improvement being lower and adjustable.

My regular TS 9mm was hand chosen from a lot as being the tightest, and it is a tight gun.  But this Orange is slightly tighter in lockup, and fit much tighter throughout as evidence by how much effort it takes to remove slide from frame during disassembly.

Burnished shiny barrel on the Orange is nice because it cleans easier than the matte in the regular.

Man, I can't wait to get mine. I put myself on a waiting list in June and they told me I could opt out if I wanted. I was on the fence between waiting for this to come through or getting a double stack Rock Island. Then I got a call that my card got charged and the Orange was on its way. So decision made I guess. Hope it's worth triple the cost of the RI. I'm pretty new to guns in general and have only owned Glocks. Hopefully it will get me excited about pistols. 

3 hours ago, adamge said:

Some comparisons to regular TS...

Regular TS has the shiny black on slide and a lightening cuts on the front of the frame. Orange has flat black all around and the frame continues at full size to the front.

Huge different in front and back strap checkering with Orange having way more traction. And I would compare my aluminum grips with full grip tape on regular TS to the stock Orange grips as equal traction.

Magwell on Orange is way better for guiding mags in.

Trigger is a bit better but same overall feel IMO.  Both have minimal take up and overtravel, but also both have creep. Orange comes with the Czechmate's competition hammer (and magwell).

Front sight on the Orange is a vast improvement IMO. It has a tiny fiber inside, plus factory leaves the rear of the fiber inside the sight rather than extending it through and putting a mushroom head on it like I normally see. So I'm looking at a very tiny fiber, which is excellent. And rear sight is a huge improvement being lower and adjustable.

My regular TS 9mm was hand chosen from a lot as being the tightest, and it is a tight gun.  But this Orange is slightly tighter in lockup, and fit much tighter throughout as evidence by how much effort it takes to remove slide from frame during disassembly.

Burnished shiny barrel on the Orange is nice because it cleans easier than the matte in the regular.

Hah funny you mention that about the fiber. I actually like having mine mushroom out even though I know that's not the right way to do it.