Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would You Shoot The Enos Forums Match?

last time I saw a map, oklahoma, was pretty close to TX, and the east coast, midwest, that's my vote and it would still be a 16 hr. dive for me from ind. <_<

I voted for low overhead, bragging rights only. I really like the idea of an entry fee to benefit the forum.

How about everybody goes out to the garage tonight and digs out their biggest and best trophy, peel the engraved label off it and bring that with you to the match. Brian could autograph the base for a great match collectable! Maybe have the other members sign also. A great way to bring home the wood.

geezer

I added a note to the "match announcement" thread asking for suggestions (don't have any new ones, yet). I was planning on firing off a poll after I had a few in :) We could do that here, too, if you like :)

Every match can be a social occasion! It's just a matter of personal intent. If we all show up with the right attitude, it really doesn't matter what the format is.

I voted for "just gimme some stuff to shoot".

Shoot-offs are a must! (I want to see the two Eri_s in a shoot-off with their respective S_Is) :rolleyes:

So far, it's looking like the gist of this poll is - big match feel, with plenty of opportunity for social interaction, and with the proceeds donated to Brian for the purpose of running this forum :)

With an appropriate facility, it should be possible to have an 8 or so stage USPSA match, 2-3 stage 3-gun side match, plus "fun shoot" challenge side match(es). Or, with enough volunteer man power, a USPSA match the first day, followed by setup for other things - SC, 3-gun, etc - the next day. Hmmm... other possibilities, too, I'm sure. It would be nice for everyone to get their desired fix :)

Already have a couple of autographed copies on the shelf...thanks anyway...and have given away a couple of others to younger shooters.... :-)

Get BE to sign my Benos T shirt...that would be cool....took a pair of T's for winning the Dec contest....he should print off 400 copies of the Egret stance and autograph them as prizes for the winners....better than a trophy or medal...and cheaper too...

Okla. would be a definate possibility for me. I vote for a low overhead/high round count match. Pistol, 3-gun, doesn't matter, lots of rounds down range is the key. Proceeds to Benos is a great idea. :D TXAG

Use the location function of the forum to find out the distribution of where forum members live. Then pick an 'area' for the match that has the greatest potential for members to drive to. Then you just need to find a club to host it.

Have it during one of the colder months so there are fewer matches around the country and host it somewhere warm-ish.

If we are trying to raise money to help the forum there are plenty of things we can do: pay to reshoot a stage you tubed; instead of prize tables, raffle or auction off donations from the industry; raffle off on-scene lessons from some of the more 'famou' forum members; etc.

So, assume it's near enough that you could make it, and vote that way :) We're not using this poll as a gauge to determine how many people are going to show up :)

The poll IMHO needs to be for those who have committed their range to the host the match. That's the only fair way to do it.

Whomever gets to host the match can decide what format it will be. Set up a poll for the ranges that are already onboard, give it a week and then set it in stone.

So, I think we've got a pretty good idea of the match format we're looking for. Does anyone have objections to closing this poll at this point???