Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel shooting CO at Area 3

zhunter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Mink and I were shooting it, CO, the other day he expressed surprise at how enjoyable he found the shooting of it. Now, he's known as mainly a Prod or sometime SS guy but he seemed to genuinely enjoy the shooting and the change the dot made to shooting a 10 round, minor gun.

I know off and on there is talk of killing a division, L10 or CO or SS or PCC but where I used to be pretty sure I'd want CO to be the division axed now I'm not so sure. Hopefully more people do shoot it. Success breeds success and in this case a lot of what counts as success is measured in participation numbers.

I had hoped that there'd be more people doubling up, shooting Prod and then CO nats. Curious what the break down is. Prod only/CO only/both Prod and CO. I mean, if everyone is a "both" then less than 20% chose to stay. When you're already physically at Nats, to me that seems like a low number...

I agree, CO is fun to shoot. I'll be shooting my Mink tuned CZ Accu Shadow for Production NATS. Then going to shoot CO Nats with a couple of XDM 5.25 with Springer Mounts and Burris FF3. Didn't want to commit too much money to CO initially as I'm giving it a trial run. In the few matches I've shot in CO i have really enjoyed it. Since I'm used to shooting my Accu's in Production, if I get serious with CO I'm thinking about next year converting my Accu's to CO guns and getting a couple of the new Shadow 2's to use for Production. I don't think I'll ever leave Production as my primary, but I am having fun shooting the occasional CO match.

On Instagram S&W says Julie G is the CO champion.. What's up with that?

"

• juliegolob@huntertanks Max rocked it and was overall champ. I was first out of Area 3 shooters. Area championships acknowledge overall and those who reside in the area. This matters for slot distro, establish top shooters from an area etc."

.... Maybe the carbines are more readily available from 3-Gun crossovers than COs are from any other gun sport. Maybe it's "too new". Maybe other shooters are still getting their 'rigs' ready.

It might have more to do with the fact that rifles are ready to go for PCC more or less out of the box. With a pistol you need to get the slide modified to mount the optic. Most gunsmiths have 8-12 week timeframe for the work.

Edited by tanks

At this match it looked like CO=Rev+L10+PCC-1

all of them put together were dwarfed by the man's division (SS, and when I say 'dwarfed', i'm not talking smack about the winner).

now that is funny! Poor Tim...

At this match it looked like CO=Rev+L10+PCC-1

all of them put together were dwarfed by the man's division (SS, and when I say 'dwarfed', i'm not talking smack about the winner).

now that is funny! Poor Tim...

he's not even that short... I don't know how that whole thing got started. At my average height (6'2") he looks the same height as max michel, blake miguez and other total badazzes. yeah, he's shorter than nils and bob krogh, but that doesn't mean he's short. I think people are just jealous because he's so fast and such a genuinely nice person.