Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Division Holster Makers

I have a 2011 open gun (Serendipity sight w/blast shield and a go guns thumb rest). I currently use a COM holster and like it.

I'm interested in purchasing a second one. However, I no longer seem to be able to find the website. Are they still around? Did their name change?

Alternatively, are there any other options? (a locking kydex would be awesome!)

FWIW: I use an 014 for USPSA but I like the kydex protection for multigun matches like the Ironman/HaH.

Thanks!

Interested in this also. My 2011 is close to yours - single sided mount with a thumb rest just a little smaller than the go guns. I had one company try to make a Kydex for it but he couldn't accommodate the thumb rest. I'm running a Limcat holster now. Seems to have a good lock and positive locking lever on it. For USPSA I run a Racemaster. I'm interested in getting a Kydex too, but haven't found a company yet.

I have a 2011 open gun (Serendipity sight w/blast shield and a go guns thumb rest). I currently use a COM holster and like it.

I'm interested in purchasing a second one. However, I no longer seem to be able to find the website. Are they still around? Did their name change?

Alternatively, are there any other options? (a locking kydex would be awesome!)

FWIW: I use an 014 for USPSA but I like the kydex protection for multigun matches like the Ironman/HaH.

Thanks!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20531&p=2604061

I can't answer the question, but would be interested in what others come up with. At a recent large match pretty much all the open shooters that I saw were using the now discontinued COM holster.

Seems like someone would step in to fill the gap (albeit a very small market).

I use a COM holster. My buddy ordered one over 9 months ago and has got every excuse under the sun from the new owner about why he has not received his holster .He has been promised his money back and and a free holster. But as of now he has not received ether so long story short if you can buy one used from someone they are awesome holsters and I would jump on it but don't order one directly from COM

I use a COM holster. My buddy ordered one over 9 months ago and has got every excuse under the sun from the new owner about why he has not received his holster .He has been promised his money back and and a free holster. But as of now he has not received ether so long story short if you can buy one used from someone they are awesome holsters and I would jump on it but don't order one directly from COM

That's my experience with COM too. It's been well over a year now with no holster. At one point I was told that it had shipped but to the wrong person and I would be getting mine overnighted the following day. From what I understand, they've had a change in ownership and the new owner is not doing so hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are nice holsters and I will not let mine go, but they do not look all that complicated. Someone with a little kydex experience should be able to build them.

The only thing that might be complicated is getting a gun mold that will work with all (or most) open guns.

I know that when I got mine, I had to tweek it here and there with a heat gun to make it perfect.

The Race Master is a good hoslster and I feel comfortable using it in 3gun, until I have to reholster on the clock. It seems like there are more and more matches where reholstering is either required or strongly encouraged through stage design. I got a COM with the used open gun I bought. It sounds like I really lucked out.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a COM holster in December of 2015 right after shooting the Fort Benning Match. In 2016, I switched from tactical to open division. I was using an Arredondo holster for open and wanted a little more protection for my open gun. The first thing COM did was charge my credit card. After a couple of months, I attempted to reach out to COM and received numerous excuses on why I had not received my holster. I shot Superstition Mountain 3gun, the Nationals and next month I will be shooting Rocky Mountain 3 gun with my Arredondo holster. Next month might be interesting in the natural terrain match!

I chose COM because a couple of my buddies have COM holsters and speak highly of the holster. Evidently the original owner was a good guy but the new owner is not on the level.

Now I am hearing the website is down and the phone has been disconnected. Very disappointed I was ripped off by COM because the shooting world should stick together and not screw each other over.