Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches using M&P Mags

turbopower18

Looking to see what you fellow shooters are using on your competition belt using S&W M&P magazines. I'm currently using DAA Racers and thinking of exploring other options. I think the pouches work phenomenal but designed more for extended length mags such as Limited or Open mags 140mm or longer. Not enough mag body sticking out the top to grab ahold of for me. So what are you guys using?

Funny, I'm trying Racers now for Prod. after Lim. use and having some similar thoughts. Waiting to see how more time and practice with them pans out.

CR Speed Versas have great "grabability" for M&P mags. Flipped so they sit lower on the belt and they're still quick and easy draws.

Only issue I've had with them is the typical screw loosening, particularly after sloppy draws torquing them a bit. Loctite red usually does the trick.

Edited by BBQRibs

+1 for CR Speed Versas. If you're running bullets forward this is what I'd go with. If you want to try bullets out RLN Kydex makes a really solid product and gives you more magazine to grab than Ghost 360 pouches.

Can somebody post a picture of their mags in racer pouches please? I was curious about them. I run ghost pouches, bullets out. They work great with my p226 production mags, but i did have a yard sale while running on a stage with 140mm mags with my p320 mags. That was a while ago though, and I put in the stiffer leaf spring since. But it's definitely a great option for production or factory length mags

Daniel K